TechSpot

lsass.exe Error

By PhilC2005
Sep 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I ussaully keep my computer on 24/7 but today I turned it off for a couple of hours, turned it back on and received this error:

lsass.exe - System error
    Object Name not found.

this comes up on a black background as it is supposed to be loading the login window, followed by a reboot as you click the OK button, it then happens again.....

I use Win XP Pro.

Do I need to re-install Windows??? :eek:
  2. NSCRFAN

NSCRFAN Newcomer, in training

lsass.exe version to new

I have the same problem. My comp starts to boot and then gives me the error "lsass.exe version to new". I can't even get it in safe mode.
  3. binsoutonfriday

binsoutonfriday Newcomer, in training

4. NSCRFAN

NSCRFAN Newcomer, in training

Looked at it and hopefully it will work, but how do you run the sasser tool if you can't get in to safe mode?
  5. PhilC2005

PhilC2005 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 53

I thought about trying to see if I could load it as a network drive and scan it from someone else's computer but I haven't tried this yet.....

A virus is very possible as a friend has recently been coying a lot of recorded tv from a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend.....
  6. PhilC2005

PhilC2005 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 53

Is there any way that I could boot STRAIGHT into the command prompt, like a shell boot on Linux, then I could run the stinger???

the problem is with the Windows Login prompt so if I could bypass that it would be easy.....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.