Resolved Lsass.exe & safe mode - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmalinauk

Hi

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place so have posted in another part of the forum as well, so apologies for duplication.

Anyway, my Norton picked up a "threat" and suggested I reboot, which I did. I now get a message that says:

"lsass.exe
The apllication failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application"

When I click OK, the screen remains black and doesn't go any further.

I'm guessing that this is a virus of some sort so have tried to go into Safe Mode to remove it but on the boot screen it goes no further than:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\drivers\agpCPQ.sys

So I'm stuck! Where do I go from here - any ideas?

Thanks!

a little update:

I can now get in via safe mode / safe mode with networking and the error message still comes up so I still can't do anything?!

:(

Emma, I'm going to give you a link and instructions to run a program. I'd like you to run it, then re-post your message above and include the log of Events that will be produced. This will give you a headstart. Right now you're describing a system problem rather than a malware infection- this forum is for virus and malware cleaning.

Here's the program:
Please download VEW and save it to your Desktop:

Setting up the program

Double-click VEW.exe then under Select log to query, select:
  • Application
    [*] System

Under Select type to list, select:
  • Critical (Vista only)
  • Error

Click the radio button for Number of events
  • Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
  • Then click the Run button.
  • Notepad will open with the output log.

Load the log
  • In Notepad, click Edit> Select all
  • Then press Edit > Copy
  • Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the log to your next reply.

(Courtesy rev-Olie)

There are member in the Windows OS forum who have more time and talent to troubleshoor a system problem. You'll find the Windows OS Forum HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back