Lsass.exe system error HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guigsy1

ok, firstly, this just happened to me running windows xp home with sp2 and all of it's updates until this point, (i'm thinking this rules out the sasser worm, cause that should have been patched right?). after coming out of standby mode, the computer froze with the desktop pic and 1 icon visible, i waited about 5 minutes and nothing happened. i manually restarted the computer (unplugged it - i know BAD) and after the windows boot screen "lsass.exe system error - object name not found" came up, hitting ok only makes it restart (to the same screen) i've tried repairing the install and what microsoft recommends, after the repair (and subsequent restart) the same problem occurs, booting in safe mode with command prompt brings the same problem too, so does booting with 'last know good config' - i've been scouring google to find anything but to no avail, could someone please help??? my last chance would have to be recovery console, but i don't know what to do. if it is any relevance my last program installed was core ftp lite.

thanks for any help,
jeff

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go Here and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help then maybe you need to do a full format and reinstall from scratch.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back