LTE modem for use with Linksys WRT54G

I am currently using a basic DSL Modem to access the Internet. It is connected to a WRT54G Router with long range antennas and my current V5/6 with dd-wrt works like a dream for multiple users. All connection is via WIFI except a VoIP unit plugged into one of the Router ports. All of this has proven reliable and works very well.

I am interested in replacing only the DSL Modem with ATT LTE hotspot(?) like Sierra 754S or NetGear 781S by using a mini USB to LAN adaptor cable to connect to the router.and program off the hotspot built-in WIFI output. These units will accept MIMO higher gain antennas and should work well in this hilly area.

I have contacted a number of so called tech support folks and I might as well have been speaking in French.
It makes perfect sense to me to simply want a modem replacement which gets it's Internet access from cell towers. I can only find "enterprise" boxes at absurd prices that seem (?) to have this capability. Am I crazy? What am I missing here. One thing I do see clearly with specifications that are incomplete and visible connectors, etc, not described anywhere in so called specifications, is that this is all about marketing and a
concept push as to how these and similar products should be used..

I would appreciate any experience or information on this. I can't understand why this is not a typical or standard application. Many folks are set up with good routers? Thank you/

Back