LTR-52246S Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer crashed so I had to reformat My Hard Drive and Rebuild my system. When I loaded the Roxio EZ CD Burner Ver 4.0 My CDR Drivers I Got It all messed up. I found out that it loaded the obsolete drivers CDR4_2K.sys and CDRALW2K.sys in my System32 Drivers directory. these are windows 2K drivers My current OS is XP Professional SP2. Which cannot use these drivers. How do I get rid of this problem and force XP to use the correct Drivers. How do I fix my Registry entries for these Drivers so that My Operating system wil ignore them and not give me a Message that says it is disabling these obsolete drivers everytime I reboot. Any Ideas?

Welcome to Techspot Jowser...

Can you give us your system specs and where are you located in this World? Please update your User Profile.

You don't need Roxio EZ CD. XP comes with a version built in. Reformat again and update XP, SP2 fully using the Windows update web utility

Use the system restore and go back before you installed the roxio cd

Start:> All Programms: > Accesories: > System Tools: >system restore

I would first try going to the Device Manager and uninstalling the channel the CD drive is on under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Reboot and Windows should reinstall the correct driver automatically. If that fails somehow, you can try previously suggested methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back