TechSpot

Lyft cries foul, accuses Uber of playing dirty tricks to hurt its business

1. Lyft and Uber have been battling to control the car-on-demand market for a couple of years now, but it looks like the competition has taken an ugly turn. According to CNNMoney, Lyft has alleged that a total of 177 Uber employees...

Read more

2. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

Uber-pathetic...

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I find it interesting how there is already competition in this sector (you wouldn't really expect a new company/idea to already have competition).

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,685   +1,877

C'mon buddy. If both of these operations are ignoring the legal and licensing process, "for the good of the consumer", why wouldn't they stab one another in the back? This goes back to Uber in Pittsburgh, "wha, we need a license to do this"?

If there's one thing it seems you must question in a start up these days would be, "is it even legal"?

Jad Chaar likes this.
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,590   +335

6. Jad Chaar

Lmao yeah you are right. That should be the question.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Why not just buy your own car or catch a taxi? Why use these overpriced services in the 1st place?

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,685   +1,877

Because silly, having your own car, which you have to drive is so, (pardon my oxymoron), "pedestrian".

And then there's the cost of parking....:eek:

I have a car, but I only inhabit lower caste places with it, my hood, Walmart, Home Depot, Acme, Shoprite, and Giant supermarkets. Anyplace with a free big lot, but not at Christmas.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  9. Jad Chaar

Yeah I never really got that either.