TechSpot

M$ Windows Vista Beta 5308

By ovvn.you
Mar 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive been testing vista and it seems to me that it is just M$ immitation of mac os x. Although it runs a tad slow with delays in opening folders(being that its a beta and all) it seems to have potential. All hardware was detected and perfectly installed by windows update which i give M$ props on, because ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 can be a ***** to install(with the formerly gay vgasave service that was impossible to get rid of). Games suchs as World of Warcraft and Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne run fine. Overall, although the effects seem like a wannabe mac, in my view vista proves promising. For anyone who would like to test it themselves heres a link (*edited*).
    ps. dont try to phone M$ to get it activated unless your willing to pay for it.
    btw. no need to burn it on a dvd if you dont have access to a dvd burner or just dont want to use your empty dvds, use daemon tools to emulate it, yes it works i tested it!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.