TechSpot

Mac with pc monitor

By ptitterington
Apr 13, 2002
  1. I do not know anything about the mac. My dad has a mac centris 660(I think)
    The Mac monitor died and as the machine is old but still has its uses he has connected up a 15" Compaq monitor.
    I think there may be a problem with the video signal as it takes about 6 resets until the machine works with the screen, once on it works fine.
    Are we doing something wrong. The settings are nothing like a pc
    Any help appreciated.:grinthumb

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,373   +289

Too bad you're not at Notre Dame - we give them away for free if you buy something at the student store - like an ethernet cable or something.

LNCPapa

4. ptitterington

ptitterington TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 376

he has the correct adapter cable apparently but Is hoping that there is a setting somewhere that can be tweaked to make it run the monitor on the first boot.

Thanks anyway

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

It might a energy-saving problem (DPMS). Check the monitor's manual if it can be disabled/changed.

6. ptitterington

ptitterington TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 376

Thanks its sorted, I should have noticed that the date had reset to 1958...

It was the battery.

All working fine. Strange that it would not work at all with the mac monitor but did with a pc.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.