Mach Speed Motherboard

By Cher1017
Sep 24, 2006
  1. Hi, I'm so maxed out. Bought a new Mach Speed motherboard with Celeron D 351 processor in it. I installed cpu, dvd burner and hard drive. The norm. When I get to first screen booting up and push DEL key to enter set up. I have to try and reset boot sequence or what ever I choose to edit. Must hurry because 2nd entry if not first before saving the bios locks up and I hav e to reboot the system. I tried reseating the RAM, CPU and all other components one by one. Tried different video card and RAM chip. Nothing is working and very frustrated. Hoping to get this resolved. Someone, please help and let me know if I missing an obvious something. I even tried a different keyboard and mouse and hard drive. Still no go
  2. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 596

Well, i dont know how to solve your problem, but i do know is that Celeron D's are NOT for gaming, and i hope yuo dont think that just because its over 3ghz its good for gaming, its not, its horrible.
  3. Cher1017

Cher1017 TS Rookie Topic Starter

understand that and thanks

Hi, Its for someone that just browses the net, business applications and no gaming. But, thanks for the info.
  4. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Try clearing the CMOS (just remove the little lithium battery on the mobo for a few minutes).

And that is, or course, what the Celeron is made for!

Whoa! He probably does know this. Just because he hasn't been suscribed long doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's doing. Obviously he does if he got this far.
  5. Cher1017

Cher1017 TS Rookie Topic Starter

got board and cpu to work

but, system still wants to lock. Discovered a bad hard drive shipped back to manufacturer and got new one. But, will not stay functioning long enough to put os on it. Tried replacing ram, drives, video card, cpu, and still no further progress. Besides that it now boots. C
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.