TechSpot

Machine Check Exception

By StuLeeds
Nov 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I wondered if someone could help cos what it is my system keeps on coming up with this BSOD Machine Check Exception thing and ive no idea how to sort it out. I will post the minidump files on here. So if someone could look at them and let me know what is casing the problem i would be most grateful. Many Thanks StuLeeds.

Attached Files:

2. StuLeeds

StuLeeds TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Hi again, I wondered if anyone has had the chance to look at my minidump files to see what is casing my problem yet ? Thanks StuLeeds.

3. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

Need more info on your system. that error is usually for a motherboard failure or the pressor or ram has failed. Make sure the memory and pci cards are seated properly.

4. StuLeeds

My system is a
    MSI K8T Neo MS-6702
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
    512MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE
    Realtek AC97 Audio
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D
    LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B
    Drive C:HDS724040KLAT80
    Drive D:Maxtor 6Y060L0

5. StuLeeds

Hi again, Yet another BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. The message what comes up is.
    STOP 0X0000009C (OX00000004,0X80545FF0,0XB2000000,0X00070F0F)

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Here is the meaning of your bugcheck code.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

As you can see, this is almost certainly a hardware failure of some description.

Go HERE and follow the instructions. If that doesn`t help, you will need to try and diagnose what component is faulty.

This will involve disconnecting anything not required to run your system. If you still have the problem, then you`ll know that it`s one of the remaining hardware components that`s faulty.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.