Machine Check Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuLeeds

Hi, I wondered if someone could help cos what it is my system keeps on coming up with this BSOD Machine Check Exception thing and ive no idea how to sort it out. I will post the minidump files on here. So if someone could look at them and let me know what is casing the problem I would be most grateful. Many Thanks StuLeeds.

Attachments

• Mini111806-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini111906-02.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 5
Hi again, I wondered if anyone has had the chance to look at my minidump files to see what is casing my problem yet ? Thanks StuLeeds.

Need more info on your system. that error is usually for a motherboard failure or the pressor or ram has failed. Make sure the memory and pci cards are seated properly.

My system is a
MSI K8T Neo MS-6702
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE
Realtek AC97 Audio
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D
LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B
Drive C:HDS724040KLAT80
Drive D:Maxtor 6Y060L0

Hi again, Yet another BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. The message what comes up is.
STOP 0X0000009C (OX00000004,0X80545FF0,0XB2000000,0X00070F0F)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Here is the meaning of your bugcheck code.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

As you can see, this is almost certainly a hardware failure of some description.

Go HERE and follow the instructions. If that doesn`t help, you will need to try and diagnose what component is faulty.

This will involve disconnecting anything not required to run your system. If you still have the problem, then you`ll know that it`s one of the remaining hardware components that`s faulty.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back