Machine reboots by itself then has a few minidumps upon restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Suddenly over the last few days I noticed that when I leave my XP unattended for at least 20 minutes and I return that it restarts. I then log in and the XP creates several minidumps during the startup

From the event viewer I see the following error:.
Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804ece5f, parameter3 f78cabbc, parameter4 f78ca8b8.

I created a log of one of the dumps.

It shows:

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

Any ideas of how I should approach this.

Thanks
David J

Attachments

• debug.log
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
Bugcheck 0x7E can be many things usually hardware related. You said that when you leave it unattended the crash/restart usually occurs? Is the Screen Saver or System Stand bye set to come on in that time? If so change the time for the screensaver and see if it happens again. If the system is set to Hibernate turn off Hibernation. If those don't work it could be either the Memory modules or the Video card or Video Drivers. You just have to try to isolate the crash.

Read this:
0x00000006: INVALID_PROCESS_DETACH_ATTEMPT
0x00000007: INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT
0x00000008: IRQL_NOT_DISPATCH_LEVEL
0x00000009: IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL
0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Also read this and go through a few of the steps:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

If you have any more minidumps zip them up and post them here on your thread so we can try to narrow it down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back