machine will only boot using VGA drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just upgraded my mobo and my chip; however, my graphic cards drivers is preventing win2000 from booting up.
I have uninstalled the drivers and re-installed the drivers as directed by ATI but every time, once the radeon drivers are installed, I can only boot in VGA mode.
I have tried to update my mobo drivers but they are current.
I have looked for conflicts but it does not look like there are any conflicts.

My system spec is as follow:
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
1024 MB DDR
XP2600
ATI 8500DV
SB Audigy soundcard

I have tried previous drivers. I have finally figured out why my computer won't boot up. My video card has a TV out connection. Whenever I boot the compute with the ATI output input adaptor plugged, the computer won't boot. If I disconnect the adaptor, the computer actually boots. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would like to be able to use the adaptor!!!

Are you sure that its not set to default to TV out, so that it IS in fact booting, but you are not seeing it because you don't have the TV on at the time? Does your driver software have an option to add a hotkey to switch primary display device??

That was it. My tv was not on and the signal was sent to the TV and not the monitor... Thanks for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back