Machine_Check_exception when playing games Win7 64

Hello:

Since I assembled my computer (about a year ago) I have been experiencing blue screens of death from time to time.

It ONLY happens when I play games (Starcraft 2, L4D). Suddenly the game starts to slow down, the mouse is slow too, the audio starts to pop or click as it was stopping, and then finally I get the blue screen.

Sometimes I can play for 3 hours without a problem, it looks like a random issue, but happens quite often and forces me to restart. It rarely happens twice a day.

I hace tried updating my BIOS, graphic driver and realtek audio drivers. Nothing works.

My system is:
Win 7 64 bits,
Intel i7 920 (not overclocked)
Asus P6T
Mushkin Extreme XP3-12800 DDR3 1600 6GB 3x2GB CL8
Asus GeForce GTX 275 896MB GDDR3
Corsair TX650 650W

Any help would be appreciated.
Jorge.

1. When you updated the video card drivers did you use something like Driver Sweeper to make sure all the old drivers were uninstalled?

2. What are your system temperatures like when under a load when you play those games?

1. When you updated the video card drivers did you use something like Driver Sweeper to make sure all the old drivers were uninstalled?

2. What are your system temperatures like when under a load when you play those games?

Thanks for answering.

1.- No, i just updated the drivers from NVidia, do you recommend using that third part software and reinstalling again ?

2.- CPU and MB temp is 50-60 when playing.

What strikes me is that the error looks random and is quite usual on the FIRST game. If you are OK for the first 20 min or so, the system will problaby stay stable for the whole day (or that's my impression anyway).

Thanks for helping,
any more ideas ?

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Try this simple yet effective diagnostic step: Take you side panel off, have a small fan on its low setting blow directly into your system and play those games. What happens?

Back