Machine_check_exception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I'm finally posting something after reading over the threats posted by Mr. Hopkins, Mr. Nagual, and trying to figure this out myself for the past few weeks.

My machine usually crashes when playing games, but it has also crashed just sitting there with no programs opened (Usually crashes 2-3 times a day total). Every time its the BSOD and the same message: Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 80545ff0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

I built this system myself about a month ago, and have had this problem from the first day.

System:
CPU: AMD 64 3500+
Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
RAM: 2 1024MB sticks of ULTRA ddr 400mhz pc3200
GPU: Geforce 7600GT by XFX
PSU: Ultra X-Finity 500w SLI Ready Titanium

I've tried thus far:
Checking Temps - Everything seems cool enough
Checking Power - Proper wattage on three main rails
Checked RAM - I've run it with each individually and together, still crashes.
Drivers - I've updated the chipset drivers, graphics drivers, and Bios.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

-Avarice

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    97.8 KB · Views: 9
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but a bugcheck of 9C, means you have some kind of hardware failure. See below.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Start by disconnecting anything not required to run your system. Make sure nothing is overclocked and check for overheating. See if you still get the same problem.

If you do, then you need to start swapping out parts, starting with the ram, then psu etc, until you find the culprit.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the help

Thanks for your reply Hopkins. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't say that. But at least i don't feel like as much of an ***** if its faulty hardware. Anyways, I'll now begin ripping out the infrastructure, and ill reply back when i think i've found the problem.

Thanks again,
Avarice

No problem mate, I just wish I could`ve given you better news.

You might want to take a look at this thread HERE, with a view to testing your ram etc.

Regards Howard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back