TechSpot

Macromedia Flash is flashing me.

By luvhuffer
Mar 1, 2005
  1. Every time I go to a new page on the site I get prompted to install the flash player with the pop-up wondow. I have MMF installed, and no flash killers enabled on any of my security programs. Is this a browser problem. I use deepnet Explorer but have not had this problem on any other sites. Very annoying. Any suggestions?

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

I started having this problem myself and narrowed it down to Broadvoice flash banners so I have already notified our ad network so hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

Your feedback is really appreciated!

3. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

I have the same problem hope it gets. :unch:

4. luvhuffer

luvhuffer TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 443

Better now! Good job!

5. luvhuffer

The prompt was gone yesterday, but was back last night.

6. rpekki

rpekki TS Rookie

MacroMedia Pop-up

I'm using Windows 98SE, Internet Explorer v6. I keep getting MacroMedia Pop-ups everytime I go to another site. I changed ActiveX controls to Prompt and UNSIGNED ActiveX control to Disable. and saved the settings and rebooted. But same problem. I tried to Run notepad %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\host But Notepad could not find the file. Also removed all cookies, temporary files, cache files. There are no objects to view in the IE.
    Roy

7. luvhuffer

When did you last update the flash player. There are some exploits going around that need to be patched. Or maybe check out Firefox. It runs on 98

8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

In Win98 the file is %windir%\hosts.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.