MacroMedia Pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPN

Lets try this again! I think my Internet Provider has made some changes on their home site (http://www.mytelus.com/home_page.html). Everytime I start to view some of the info links there I get bombarded with MarcoMedia Flash adds. If I disable the player, I get asked if I want to install MacroMedia Flash Player so I can view the site properly. If I set the Active X controls to ignore such requests, I receive a Microsoft Internet Explorer notification that my security settings for Active X are set is such a way that I will not be able to view the site properly. Pop-up stopper does not block MacroMedia adds. Internet Provider indicates it is something hidden on my system. Scans with Norton, Ad-Aware, and Spybot yield nothing. Apparently others are not seeing what I am seeing, but I can't find the cause...I still think it is the Internet Provider's site that is the problem. Adds(video) that pop up are from www.bewebaware.ca L'Oréal, and Audi.
If anyone cares to try the IP home page and see if they can experience similar problems, go to site listed above, select "news" or "movie's and view a few of the articles under either of those headings. Any suggestions on how to stop the adds? Is it my pc or something they have done?

Attachments

• macro.jpg
    macro.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 5
Did you just try the "home" page or move around through news and movies? If your not seeing them, any suggestions as to why I am. History has been deleted, cookies deleted, temp files cleared. Request for Active X has to be coming from the site I would think. Do you have MacroMedia player installed?

pop-ups macro media

Problem solved.....my internet provider was the culprit and after some complaining removed the annoying adds. Apparently someone made a mistake on how they were supposed to work.
Thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back