Madeleine is the 'camera' that records your favorite smells

By Shawn Knight
Jul 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Smell is one of the strongest and most pronounced of our five basic senses yet unless you’re there in the moment, there’s no effective way to capture and share the experience with others – until now. A device known as...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,769   +1,427

No thanks!

The fact that favorite smells are so infrequent makes them favorites. If the frequency increases by capturing smell, it would then be less enjoyable.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,017   +683

Very cool idea and probably attractive for world travelers. I went to Japan once and the city there had a unique smell that I'll probably never again experience.

But how would I have put part of the city in the 'odor trap?'
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,719   +873

This is a cool idea. The "commercial" itself felt pretty playful. I dont see this being practical just yet though.
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,273   +258

I can see many adolescents doing many bad things with this... and husbands messing with their wives. No longer are we limited to Dutch ovens!

I'm now coining the term "Papa Rollin'" (like Rick Rolling except with a scent of my special flavor)
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

I wouldn't keep this in the toilet.
  7. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,577   +487

8. So here comes a story, connect every single thing that you ever posted on the internet with every single thing that can be connected to you by any other mean and you have a great database of your preferences. Then all the marketing pri$$s need to do is get their hands on that database and bombard you with emotionally charged set of audio-visual stuff plus scent and if you don't buy sth then wow you must be a very bulletproof person, congrats!
  9. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,577   +487

I would keep it in the toilet, and have it auto-post on Facebook. Some good content has been missed on my wall of events there, and now it will thrive with updates...
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

Yeah, that could raise a bit of a stink.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.