Main account gone and Administrator account useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, i've seen this problem before, except in my case I can't fix it:

My main user account has disappeared from the welcome screen. I know all about pressing Ctr+Alt+Del twice and typing in your account and if that doesn't work, to use the "Administrator" account to enable your main account. The problem is that my administrator account doesnt even seem to have any administrator privelages... its just as useless as the guest account, or so it seems.

I don't know what to think. If i go to computer management and check out the users i see: Administrator, Guest, and some other SUPPORT_388... but not my main account.

IF i go to documents and settings, i see all the accounts, including administrator and guest and my main account. So whats happening?

help is greatly appreciated

EDIT: btw, i just looked at the size of the user folders in documents and settings and they appear to be empty.. is all my information still there. it looks like that my account has disabled, and all the files have no place. but how did it happen? a virus? i also just upated to SP2.

ya never know if MS has done something or you have a bug
I have noticed on machines that have few programs and fresh registery upgrade spks dont seem to affect them much ,but machines with tons of tweaks and reg addons seem to go up in smoke
this may help you, may not try,I fixed corrupt xp with this before.
password fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back