Votes: 3 9.7%
  • MacOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 2000 Server

• Other

• Total voters
Well it depends on which machine we are talking.....

I have XP Pro on my main box
BeOS on another one
Win98 on another one
Longhorn on another one
Red Hat on another one
XP Pro on 2 more......
Also have a mac laptop
That is me and my rommate's comps. So I guess you could say a little bit of all of them. :D

I added a couple of options to your poll. I use Windows 2000 Advanced Server so I added a Windows 2000 Server option. Windows 2000 SP3/SP4 option reallly referred to workstation I think.

There is also an "other" option for any people running FreeBSD, Solaris, etc as their main OS.

XP almost always now. win2k previous, and win98se occasionally.
Also tried ME for a while but not impressed. Win9x kernel sucks big time, once you've tried any NT based OS (XP or 2k) so I would'nt go back (ever noticed how the mouse freezes in win9x OS when some tasks are running?).

I run WinXP on my main home machine, Win2K Server on my main work machine, Mac OS X 10.2.4 (Jaguar) on my main work Mac, and Mac OS X Server 10.1.4 on my home Macs except the one running Mandrake PPC.

LNCPapa

Depends on the machine, though my two main systems run XP pro. I also have machines running 2K, 98se, Redhat 7.2, BeOS 5 pro

If you have the system to run it (i.e. 512mb ram) XP is soooo good for gaming and general use. I'll never go back to Win 9x.

Win2000's ok, I use sometimes [not on my comp though :) ]

I noticed that Mic, when I first saw it I thought you had voted without making a comment. I wonder who the other one is?

XP PRO on both systems now as Longhorn for me - when ever i played a DVD out to my TV - it said my TV was not working - but i could use it normally and watch avi's and such fine.

So went back to XP Pro.

Originally posted by hdmk
If you have the system to run it (i.e. 512mb ram) XP is soooo good for gaming and general use. I'll never go back to Win 9x.

Win2000's ok, I use sometimes [not on my comp though :) ]

256 will run it fine as well - even for gaming - if u tweak the services.

i did that on my other system and now XP boots and uses 58mb of memory idle, instead of 98 -107mb previously after a fresh install.

Back