Mainboard flashing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

etherga

Motherboard has died! Someone help!!

I've got a MSI k8n neo platinum mobo. I just reformatted and i needed to update the drivers. Using MSI's live-update, i'm attempting to update the bios. It goes into winflash and get 100% complete and then starts to "Verify main block", it gets 2% done and pops up and error that says
"flash block Verify error !" and when you click ok, it shuts winflash down. I've updated the bios previous times after ar eformat (which is the case this time) and i've not had this problem.

It rebooted and now it doesnt post any beeps at all, it just says:

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0

BIOS ROM checksum error

Checking drive A media
Drive a error. System halt.

and thats all she wrote. I've never had anything remotely close to this problem. I've not found any help from MSI tech support and you guys are close to my last hope! Please help!

I tried removing the battery from the motherboard and disconnecting the power to see if that would reset it, but alas. it didnt work either :(

i take it the live update. is done online. i had a friend who screwd up his mobo using the online update. in future i suggest u do it manualy. why dont you try a manual update. download from msi website. it could work. if that doesnt work. its ainy your fault. if your board is still under warrenty. send it back. let them sort it out.

another thing. its checking your drive A:\. it could checking for the flah utility on
your drive A:\. if thats the case, try the manual update.

also the BIOS does not have to be updated when u format and reinstall all else. as this is not going to help you're problem, just for anyone else that might think they needed to do the same I used to try and do the same.

also the BIOS does not have to be updated when u format and reinstall all else. as this is not going to help you're problem, just for anyone else that might think they needed to do the same I used to try and do the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what he posted, i dont think he flashed mobo because he reformated. the only way you can auto flash your Bios is by having windows installed because you have to be online.

Also, Flashing your bios as soon as a new version comes out is always a good thing. I personaly would not use the online update.

Let us know what the prob was, once you got it sorted out.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back