MAJOR audio trouble-help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cord plugged into my headphone jack and into the back of my receiver. This has worked for years, but recentely I only get music out of my right speakers and not the left speakers. I thought at first that my speakers were blown, but I realized that when I play the radio or CD's off of my 6-disc changer all of the speakers work just fine. So the problem seems to lie within the computer when I play music off of it (it's the same problem on all media-playing programs). What's going on and how do I fix it?! Thanks!

something wrong with your cord? did you change any sound option? like set it to surround sound or something, but only have one cord going to speakers?

Thanks for the reply to my AUDIO post

Thanks for the reply! Where's the surround sound option on the computer though? Is it under 'audio' in the control panel? I couldn't find it... Thanks for the help!

start, control panel, sound speech and audio devices, change speaker settings, at the bottom under speaker setting click advanced, then you can change it to desktop stereo speakers, if you have a soundcard, there may be an option somewhere in you sound card software, but that one should do it. let me know if it worked, or if it was already set to that. or possibly the setting for speaker balance, if you double click the sound icon in your sys tray, go to options properties, select them all(to make it easier, as it would most likely be the main one or wave but i would check them all to be sure) and make sure the sliders for balance are set to the middle notch.

I did the control panel thing and put all of the sliders in the middle and the setting is on desktop stereo speakers already. Also, I tried to do the settings on the soundcard (I think I did the right one), but things are still only played-out of the right spearkers! (And, again, when I play my 6-disk changer or the radio it comes-out just fine from both sets of speakers) Where am I going wrong?!

I even went to volume (in control panel), then speaker settings, then speaker volume and playerd with the left and right settings: when I turned the right all the way up and the left all the way down I couldn't hear a thing...

I even went to volume (in control panel), then speaker settings, then speaker volume and played with the left and right settings: when I turned the right all the way up and the left all the way down I couldn't hear a thing...

wow there is an edit button. Try it instead of tripple posting. How old is your sound card? Can you see if there is anything physically wrong with your plug?

failing all that, have you tried a new cord? perhaps it went bad, try plugging headphones into where the cord is plugged it, to see if its truley a problem on the computer end, however, if all those settings are correct, i find it hard to beleive that its a computer problem. If the head phones work fine, its a problem with the reciever, or the cord itself, if you have the same problem with headphones, its a problem on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back