Major Box Crash n Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple dayz ago.... while working on some designs in photoshop (running some other adobe stuff in the background) my comp just freezes. The mouse doesnt move nothing so obviosly the way 2 go is by pressing reset. And so i did, and nothing.
The mobo started up the cpu fan started spinning, HD started up and the GPU fan worked but man oh man,.... The screen stays on standby, no picture nothing. As this being my only working box my heart just dropped 2 my heels.
So after numerros checking for loose cables, swapping PSU's, trying different configurations with the RAM modules in different slots, again ..NOTHING..
Ive found the manual from the mobo and reset cmos and still nothing!!!
I thought maybe ive done it wrong, so i tried it with the battery and again nothing..
By then the only thing that could come into my n00b mind was "It's the videocard.... F***ker burned.. so i went out and bought myself a sweet new AGP videocard Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro with 512mb DDR2(so its not DDR3 but its twise as much :cool: ". I came back installed it and still nothing.. By then i felt pretty stupid.
So my last resort are the people dedicated 2 the hardware wold we live in, and im beggin u ,..Help?!!!!

I honesstly am clueless of woot my next steps should be apart that i need 2 bring my parts 2 some pc store and ask them 2 troubleshoot every major part like mobo, RAM and cpu.

If anyone s got any other suggestions or advise or maybe some link 2 a simmilar problem i'dd be greatfull. Thanx guyz.

Specs:

2.4B P4 533FSB
Asus P4G8x Deluxe
DDR266 (crap basicly)
Asus V9480/TVD Ti4800SE 128mb AGP/
Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 512mb AGP
WD2000JD sata
Asus DRW-1608P2S DVD

ps. All stock cooling and stock speeds ( no overclocking has been done in the past 2 years or so and when there was it was only the cpu that ran at 2.6 for a couple of months ).

Any feedback is welcome :unch:

Can you get a hold of any kind of monitor or test yours on a Bud's machine& a new cable ? .Seems to me you gotta get some screen info before you start tearing into your box.
P.S. Welcome

Liquidlen said:
Can you get a hold of any kind of monitor or test yours on a Bud's machine& a new cable ? .Seems to me you gotta get some screen info before you start tearing into your box.
P.S. Welcome
Ye sry. Forgot 2 write that ive also tested anothe monitor i have with no luck.
tanx tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back