Major crashing problem when playing power demanding games

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyz

my pc has been broken sinse i got it, really all it dos is crash when i play a demanding game like anarchy online or half-life2
but when playing small games like cs its fine..
but its been months and i still havnt been able to play all my kickass games because of this and now i wana try out warcraft i got a BIG feeling its gona do the same, so i just need some help to make sure what is wrong with my pc here...

i have a high quality pc : 3.0 ghz processor, 1gig ram, 3d hercules prophet 9800 XT classic 256mb, 2 dvd drives, 19 inch flat screen so on so on..

but i have a 300watt powersupply

can somone tell me, with this hardware and playing a power demanding game is my power supply not good enough for it?

i also got a motherboard which aparrantly is making my fan speed to slow but that seems to be the only problem with that..
what u guys think?

Your psu is the weak link in your system.

Go HERE and use this handy psu wattage calculator.

Also take a look HERE for info on which psu to buy and not buy.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

so u are 100% sure that my powersuply sucks too much for this kind of hardware and powerful games?

Unless it`s a really good psu, and not a generic make, it has to be suspect.

It may well be that your psu isn`t giving anywhere near it`s 300watt rating. This would cause you system to crash when playing high end graphics intense games.

What result did the wattage calculator give you?

You may also want to consider downloading and running the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

This will test your ram for possible errors.

What speed is you ram?

Finally go HERE and read my post. You will notice a link to the Everest programme, which will give you lots of info about your system.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

i tryed the wattage calculator and it came to nearly 350w!!!
i tryed the memtest program but couldnt get it working.
and i tryed the everest program its ALOT like sandralite but sandralite is more advanced :)
and my power supply its really a good one. i bet its just a cheap 300w

New psu required then!!

Don`t know what the problem is with memtest. Did you download the floppy version, or the iso?

If it was the iso version, it has to be burned as an iso image.

Regards Howard :D

I would also say you need a new power supply. I'm having a problem with games crashing also on my newly built computer. I had a Antec True 430 power supply and I noticed that with Speedfan running and using the log feature that my voltages were fluctuating a lot, especially the vcore. Games would crash to the desktop and a couple of times the whole computer crashed.

Anyway to make a long story short, I just installed a new Enermax 535 watt power supply a few minutes ago, and I hope that solves my problem, haven't had time to give it try yet though. At least the voltages are a lot more stable.

As Howard said you need a quality power supply. If your power supply came with your case, it is for sure suspect.

ok thx very much it dos seem very obveious its my psu but i keep having doubts! :( ohwell ill get a new one and hope it works ta for helping ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back