Major FPS drops in game

Games: League of Legends mainly, but other games affected as well.

PC Specs (ik its not the best):

Intel core i5 - 3450 @ 3.10 GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1 GHz

8GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS

Dual Monitor Setup (24 + 23)

If anymore info required please let me know

What I've done/tried:

Reinstalling the game
Updating my drivers
Stress testing my PC (only thing lacking according to the test was my GPUs capability in 3D and my hard-drive was lacking slightly)
tested all my hardware except PSU as im not sure how to do that.

Hey everyone,

I've recently been have major fps drops in online games. I've stress tested my computer several times and also tested all my hardware, but nothing seems wrong besides the GPU which I'll talk about in a sec. I used to run on 60 fps no problem and I've tried messing around with graphic settings in game and in graphic card control panel, but nothing seems to work. Also my ping is not an issue as it is a solid 19-20 along with what used to be 60 FPS. Now the GPU, I played a game of bots and saw that it was overheating quite a bit (100 degrees Celsius) but I had no FPS drops whatsoever, but if were to go into an online match with that temperature I'd drop from 60 FPS to about 5-7 FPS.These FPS drops last about 2 minutes dropping from 60 to around 5-7 and then it resumes to 60 FPS for a good minute and back to 5-7 and also this only occurs after at least 10 minutes of gameplay. If anyone knows a fix or anything related please let me know.

Back