Major problem please help =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I first posted my problem on another board but it would seem that no one there could come up with a solution =/

Here is the post:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=715665#post715665

The basic gist is that since august i have been getting BSoD's occuring more and more frequently due to all kinds of files, .sys .dll etc etc.

Things i have tried:

Reinstalling windows 2 times.
Running memtest - passed
Running a HDD tester - passed
Reinstalling drivers.
Using driver cleaner pro to remove drivers then reinstalling them.

Before i reinstalled windows yesterday crashes were being caused by SiWinAcc.sys, so i reinstalled with my bros comp bcoz my floppy drive was a bit faulty. The computer has been up and running for less than 24 hrs and has already crashed 4 times!

Crashes after reboot were caused by:
ks.sys
nv4_disp.dll
ntoskrnl.exe
and dxg.sys

I am for the best part completely lost as to what the hell is up with my PC....

It is only 6 months old and was working fine for the first 2 months -_-....

Please if anyone has any ideas i would be very grateful.

Note: Minidumps attached

Your minidumps are crashing with various bugchecks. 7F/8E/50/0A

This is a sign of faulty ram/hardware.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Hi howard,

sorry for not replying for ages ive been busy.

Firstly i would like to say thank you very much for the help you have given me, i really appreciate it that you have taken your time to help me out =-).

Secondly, i would like to update you on my current progress.

I have taken out the corsair memory(that was probably damaged or something) and replaced it with an old simm 512MB one... so far i have had no crashes ...ok its only been 3 hrs but its looking good so far.

One thing i did notice however was:

The memory timings on the corsair memory were : 8 3 3 3T, However on my brothers pc they are 7 3 3 3... we both bought the same model of ram from the same store at the same time..... so i find this kind of strange....

Furthermore, the ram i replaced the corsair with is registering the exact same timings of 8 3 3 3T... even tho it was alot cheaper and more outdated... i find this strange and do not understand why it is doing this.

P.S. The timings are set to optimal NOT "user defined", they have also changed with a diff ram stick (which was bad however).

Anyway, i hope that this has solved the problem... hopefully corsair will replace the ram as its still under warrenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back