MAJOR Problems with my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

danswebs

Hey everyone,

First thanks for looking at my thread, i really need some major help here please.

Right, recently, my computer has been acting all weird, ill give you a short list of some of the things its been doing:

- really slow internet even tho im on unlimited 4MB
- really high CPU usage on a program that i cant find in Task Manager
- msn messenger saying there is a connection problem even tho the internet works fine
- downloads off internet dont complete, they just say there finished even tho there not and when trying to open, it says file corrupt, ive been having to use DAP for last couple of weeks just to get stuff off the internet
- browing internet cuts out, but emails etc fine still
- sound cutting out
- random FATAL crashes without a BSOD
- 'Generic Host Process for Win32 Service' always accessing internet

Ive read about some of these syptoms and im afraid to say i might have a virus, the even scarier thing is that some of these syptoms are happening on some of my other pcs on the same network.

Ive attached a HJT log to see if thats any help. any help will be much appreiciated, i REALLY dont want to have to reinstall windows!

Many thanks in advance,

Dan

p.s see my system specs below, if you need anymore details please post them.

Make sure you don't have spyware and trojan horses. I see you have AVG installed. Scan your PC with it.
Also, download Ad-Aware and do a full scan with it.

That really sounds like a nasty virus :(

ive done both of these scans, and it found nothing :S

Do you think it could be anything to do with router seeing as its happening across my network too?

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Goto add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

SafeGuard Pop-up Blocker Pro FREE Edition
DAP

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: Popup Blocker Pro - {A44B961C-8C36-470f-8555-EDA0EFC1E710} - C:\Program Files\SafeGuard Pop-up Blocker Pro FREE Edition\popupblocker.dll

O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCShield] regsvr32 /s "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfg.dll"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PCShield] regsvr32 /s "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfg.dll"

O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Client to monitor &1 - C:\WINDOWS\web\AOpenClient.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Client to monitor &2 - C:\WINDOWS\web\AOpenClient.htm

O9 - Extra button: Trend Micro Security Services - {D5E1CDC8-64B9-4f8c-8155-FC3B6D6749F7} - http://tmss.trendmicro.com/dashboard/dashboard.aspx?BBJEBJFBGCHICFBABFJCJJJFIDCH HFCAIBAFG (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Trend Micro Security Services - {D5E1CDC8-64B9-4f8c-8155-FC3B6D6749F7} - http://tmss.trendmicro.com/dashboard/dashboard.aspx?BBJEBJFBGCHICFBABFJCJJJFIDCH HFCAIBAFG (file missing)

O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfg.dll
C:\PROGRA~1\DAP
C:\Program Files\SafeGuard Pop-up Blocker Pro FREE Edition

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

danswebs said:
Is DAP really a problem?? This might have caused it?

Dap is a download manager programme that is known to place adware on your computer.

If you really need to use a download manager, you should consider using the Stardownloader from HERE.

What does this file do, i dont want to be deleting any system files

danswebs said:

What does this file do, i dont want to be deleting any system files

Take a look HERE. you`ll see it`s a browser highjacker.

I`ve been doing HJT logs long enough to know what`s good and bad lol.

Hello Howard,

I have done all the things you have told me to do, but still having problems, ill post the fresh HJT log like you said,

Dan

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the help, but Unfortunatly, none of these tools have helped, do you have anymore ideas, or is it looking like a windows reinstall?

Dan

I suggest you try a Windows repair as per this thread HERE. This will leave all your data intact.

However, as with any major undertaking, backing up your important data is sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back