Major Problems With My Xp! Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to begin but before I do, what happened to a mod on here by the name of guestolo? A great mod who helped out big time!

Anyway, here are my problems:

1) Whenever I download a program and try running it, ie-bit torrent, I get this message after I have downloaded it ""Could not initialize the browser's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your browser's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix the problem. If you continue to use the browser session, you might see incorrect browser behaviour when accessing security features."

I know the disc is not full and I don't really want to mess with any settings unless I know for sure what they are.

2) Another small problem I've encountered trying to delete bit torrent program (Add/Remove) and I get an error message that says,

NSIS ERROR - Error lauching installer! When all I want to do is remove this from add/remove programs!

So, I've tried EVERYTHING including : 1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel
2. Double-click Folder Options
3. On the View tab, under Advanced settings, clear Use simple file sharing [Recommended].

If you want to uninstall a program you can try performing it in Safe Mode.

If that does not work try to manually remove BitTorrent by deleting the directory C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\ (substituting the actual location of your Program Files dir) and removing the following registry keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.torrent
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bittorrent
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\BitTorrent

This is what someone recommended but it didn't work!

Maybe if I send a hijack this log someone can help me out? It doesn't matter what browser I use either from ie to mozilla, whatever...

Thanks everyone!

Hah, way to be patient. Posting a snide comment doesn't make people want to help you either. Sheesh.

What browser are you using?
What type of computer is it?

For Firefox: (first link on my google search) http://kb.mozillazine.org/SSL_is_disabled
If you received the message "Could not initialize the browser's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your browser's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix the problem. If you continue to use this browser session, you might see incorrect browser behavior when accessing security features."...

* Check your hard drive's remaining capacity and the file permissions on the files in your profile folder.
* Delete the cert8.db file in your profile folder and try again. [1]
* Try creating a new profile. Your current profile might be corrupted due to many reasons, such as changes in your system or lack of HD space at one point.

For the NSIS error...
NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
So the installation/unistallation file is corrupt. Try deleting the Folder in the Program Files, then run CCleaner to clean up the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back