Making a boot disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a boot disc off os on pc now [plz help]

ok, I hate installing all the software on my pc everytime I install my os is there anyway to make a bootdisc off the os, i have on my pc now with that has all the software and drivers on it?

You could take a image of the OS from time to time (when happy with it) and restore that. Acronis True Image/Ghost etc.

My main question is, why do you frequently reinstall?

zookeeper525 said:
ok, I hate installing all the software on my pc everytime I install my os is there anyway to make a bootdisc off the os, i have on my pc now with that has all the software and drivers on it?

Nortorns Ghost is another good one.

its mostly because i have 3 pcs and i like keeping them the same and i get alot of new pcs
theres nothing wrong with my pc lol just wanted 2 make it faster next time

but what one is better nortons ghost or Acronis True Image ?

and how big would this be like more then 1 dvd or a dvd9 or what

True Image is generally rated better than Norton Ghost. There are other imaging solutions, some may even be free.

You would for cases like you mention create another parttiton of perhaps 10Gb just for storing images. Any imaging solution can split the image over a number of files of specified size, no problem, but it is a longer, more complicated process, less safe process than just copying to another partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back