TechSpot

Making bigger attachments

By greatman05
Sep 30, 2006
  1. Um, guys, how can I attach a file larger than 100KB?

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

to Techspot forums? Why would you want to do that?

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

You can`t, the limit for attachments if 100kB and that`s it I`m afraid.

Regards Howard :)

4. greatman05

greatman05 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 429

Because I want to sumbit a request for someone to analyze a vbios update from Intel so I can figure out how to use it. And no, I don't wan't to hear about it isn't worth it. I just want to do it. I already asked this question at another forum, but I can't upload the file I want analyzed.

5. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

Just e-mail it tom someone with a vast knowledge of these things (looks at howard)

Regards,

Korrupt

6. greatman05

Email, Please

Howard, could you send me an email to chavez544@gmail.com if you want to help me? If you do, I'll send you an email back from my other address at chavez224@yahoo.com (gmail doesn't allow you to upload .exe files or .zip files with .exes in them) with the 845G vbios file, and I hope I can get some useful info from this.

7. howard_hopkinso

Unfortunately I wouldn`t be able to analyse the file.

If you can give me the link to where you got the file I might be able to help you discover how to use it.

8. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

Try one of the dedicated hosting sites, like zupload. They allow up to 500mb files you can then link in emails/forum posts.

9. greatman05

10. howard_hopkinso

Have you read these instructions HERE?

It seems like all you have to do is unzip the file and double click on the setup.exe file. Follow the onscreen instructions.

However, I`m a little concerned that the intel site states the following.

11. greatman05

I DO HAVE AN INTEL 845G controller, so that's not a problem. The readme doesn't state how to use the vbios update utility included in the zip file, and the vbios file itself doesn't have a readme either.

12. howard_hopkinso

Take a look HERE.

I think you`d be better off getting a bios update for your mobo if one exists. This may well contain a Vbios update as well.

Those drivers you have are for use of developers only from what I understand. I advise you to proceed with exteme caution, if you decide to use them.

13. greatman05

How come Compaq hasn't made an upgraded BIOS for the S5010NX? I'm still using one that is three years old...

14. howard_hopkinso

Probably there`s no need for compaq to make an update. There`s no point in updating a bios, unless it`s to solve a particular problem.

15. greatman05

Thanks for the info, Howard!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.