Making bigger attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I want to sumbit a request for someone to analyze a vbios update from Intel so I can figure out how to use it. And no, I don't wan't to hear about it isn't worth it. I just want to do it. I already asked this question at another forum, but I can't upload the file I want analyzed.

Just e-mail it tom someone with a vast knowledge of these things (looks at howard)

Regards,

Korrupt

Email, Please

Howard, could you send me an email to chavez544@gmail.com if you want to help me? If you do, I'll send you an email back from my other address at chavez224@yahoo.com (gmail doesn't allow you to upload .exe files or .zip files with .exes in them) with the 845G vbios file, and I hope I can get some useful info from this.

Unfortunately I wouldn`t be able to analyse the file.

If you can give me the link to where you got the file I might be able to help you discover how to use it.

Regards Howard :)

Try one of the dedicated hosting sites, like zupload. They allow up to 500mb files you can then link in emails/forum posts.

Have you read these instructions HERE?

It seems like all you have to do is unzip the file and double click on the setup.exe file. Follow the onscreen instructions.

However, I`m a little concerned that the intel site states the following.

This file is intended for use by
Developers of Intel® 845G chipset based products and will not function with any other product. View the README file for installation information and the RELEASE
NOTES for driver version details. This
driver package contains the version 14.10.3
drivers for Windows* 2000 and Windows*
XP. Included also is the latest Video
BIOS.

I DO HAVE AN INTEL 845G controller, so that's not a problem. The readme doesn't state how to use the vbios update utility included in the zip file, and the vbios file itself doesn't have a readme either.

Take a look HERE.

I think you`d be better off getting a bios update for your mobo if one exists. This may well contain a Vbios update as well.

Those drivers you have are for use of developers only from what I understand. I advise you to proceed with exteme caution, if you decide to use them.

Probably there`s no need for compaq to make an update. There`s no point in updating a bios, unless it`s to solve a particular problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back