TechSpot

Making Introductions from Iowa

By Summer7027
Oct 22, 2005
  1. Hi all,
    I'm a newbie from Iowa getting ready for the snow to come. I do like it except for the driving in it part!
    I am running a Dell P3, 40 g HD, Win XP Professional. This is my 3rd windows computer and I'm pretty comfortable with them. I didn't like XP when I first got it, but since I can run it using a 98 look then I'm happier. I'm pretty much self taught with LOTS of trial and errors when I first started. My only computer class was taken when I had my "brand new" Apple IIe! So now you know!

I AM having a problem now though - with the taskbar. Earlier today it got resized (I know - I did it somehow) and I couldn't get it back to one single line. I've figured out how to resize that now. But in trying to fix it, I took out all my quick launch shortcuts and now I can't get them back INTO that part of the task bar. I still have the shortcuts and they still work which is encouraging. Any suggestions from anyone?

I'm a musician and a gardner and I have 3 cats. Chiclet (b-gray tiger striped), Chiara (g-black & white), Chonah (b-pale yellow & white). The 1st two are about 2-3 years old, the baby is about 5 mo.

Later

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Hi Summer7027, welcome to TechSpot. I guess you noticed the color tags don't work, we (well, at least some of the staff/moderators :giddy: ) prefer text to be in one color.

This subforum is for introducing only, there's that "Windows OS" section for Windows-related problems. But right-clicking the taskbar should allow you to enable Quick Launch bar, and then drag it to the right section. I know that at least SNGX1275 (another forum member) has had similar problems with it...

3. smitnlit

smitnlit TS Rookie Posts: 25

HI and thank you

I'm a NEWBIE!
    I just wanted to say HI! I'm sure there are people from everywhere here. I'm from New England in USA. I had a nasty virus this week and a nice NICE guy named Howard helped me out. I was VERY lucky. The worst part is I had trouble following my own thread, but I promise to be better next time. I have a much smaller issue now that I'll post later, but I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. You guys are great and VERY much appreciated.
    Maryann

4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Hi smitnlit,

It's very nice to meet you :)

Regards :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.