Malware/Virus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this and I'm only a teenager but I need help. Two months ago, my computer had Windows XP erased somehow so I wasn't able to start up my computer. I fixed that after 2 weeks. But after another 2 weeks I ended up with this new problem that I've had for a month now. I researched the symptoms and learned I probably have Malware & viruses.

I get random pop-ups from internet explorer. My computer won't start up programs anymore, if it does it takes 15 minutes just to open paint (paint, how pathetic, I know). My internet is very slow, and I get this message everytime I turn on my computer:

"The instruction at "0x10002007" referenced memory at "0x000be000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program."

Either one I click, I learned that it will just lead to System Shutdown. And when I try to shutdown/restart my computer it does System Shutdown which really annoys me because I just want to turn it off/restart right away.

My friends think I'm overreacting because all they can see is the system shutdown, but what would they know. They don't even know what Disk Defragmenter is. I feel like the only smart & mature girl surrounded by a bunch of 5 year-old *****s that laugh when someone says "your mom" for every response.

Anyway, the only help I've gotten is my family saying "It's your fault, fix it yourself". I know I can't fix all things by myself, I always need some sort of advice or help, which is why I'm here. I just want to ask someone to kindly help me and explain how I can fix this. I've looked at other threads and I find it really confusing (maybe because I'm still just a kid) but I would very much appreciate the help I can get. So thanks :]

-Ilse

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

That should be fixable.

Please go and read this and then post a HijackThis log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards :)

Your system is definitely infected.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If you decide to clean your system after reading the above thread, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of blaackkat only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back