Malware Wiping MBR or Boot record on OS drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackalack

Alright, herein lay my conundrum (sp?) I got the notorious "Personal Anti-Virus" somehow installed on my PC (torrents im thinking) I found a few ways to remove it and was thought to be successful as my PC already booted for me once after the modification/removal of the malware. Now I get a message about a failed OS load or something to that effect. I was able to connect successfully thru an external enclosure but my drive now says that it isnt formatted and asks me to format every time I plug the drive in, weather it be via an usb 2.0, eSATA or directly back into the computer. I've used Active Boot to explore and attempt a recovery of my files but the file system is still in RAW format and my recovery looks as if nothing has gone wrong with the drive at all aside from it being unallocated... But I have to use the recovery tool in order to see the Data. And there is absolutely no data loss whatsoever. It's all there. Is this a malware issue or has it become a hardware issue?

Thanks & Regards

-Crackalack

The 8-Step Virus & Malware Recovery thread will provide you with instructions on how to run scans and post their logs. Take your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back