MalwareBytes shuts down after scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working through the 8 steps, and I ran MBAM which found ~30 items infected. But when I click ok at the end of the scan, it just closes down. Is this a problem with MBAM or is whatever the infection is closing it down?

Try uninstalling Mbam. Then reinstall and scan again to see if you get the log. IF you still have the problem, run the following first, then the Mbam scan:

Please download randmbam.exehttp://kixhelp.com/wr/files/mb/randmbam.exe

It will try to create random names and shortcuts for Malwarebytes Anti Malware(MBAM) if you have it installed already..
=================================
Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Then download exeHelperhttp://www.raktor.net/exeHelper/exeHelper.com to your desktop.
  • Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)
    [color=redNote:[/color] If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

Once done, try running a scan again

Thanks Bobbye.

In the interim I restarted my computer and my antivirus went nuts. I managed to run MBAM and it found 300 (!) bad things (mainly fake-AV). It deleted them, and things seem better, but I still occasionally get a new tab pop up with google in it for no reason. Just about to run GMER and will report back.

If it's still helpful the exeHelper log says

exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20100414
Run at 15:50:48 on 07/08/10
Now searching...
Checking for numerical processes...
Checking for sysguard processes...
Checking for bad processes...
Checking for bad files...
Checking for bad registry entries...
Resetting filetype association for .exe
Resetting filetype association for .com
Resetting userinit and shell values...
Resetting policies...
--Finished--

Seems clean...

Okay, good. Please finish the other scans and leave the logs. I'll review the, together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back