Mandriva

By doppleganger
Feb 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Installed Mandriva distro on my Dell D600 however I can not seem to find drivers for the wirless nic Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller.

it seems as though it may have found everything else - of course I'm not totally sure about that yet tho as this is my first install to linux. Wanted to get the internet portion up and running first, then I could use that to download additional drivers if needed.
    No dual boot here either.
    Thanks!
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

I know it's totally unbelievable and counterintuitive, but Linux drivers for Broadcom ethernet chips can be found on the Broadcom's website..
  3. doppleganger

doppleganger Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

DOH! I never thought about looking there! :(
    /me smacks self!
  4. doppleganger

doppleganger Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

seems as if I was able to install the driver (hopefully it was the correct one - dell listed it as 570x and site listed the "x" with replacement #'s).

However, it seems I still can not get access to the internet. It says its connected, but I can't ping anything or hit any web pages.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.