Manually Configuring A Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garyohallo1

Hi,

I've got this really old router, but it will do for what I need it for. The problem is I don't have the installation and driver CD and I have looked everywhere for drivers on the Internet, but to no avail.

I recently found out that it is possible to manually configure a router using a web browser. But I have no idea how.....thats where I was hoping you guys could help me out! :giddy:

The router is an Origo ADSL Modem router (FC-AL2011PW). I can't even find any information on it anywhere. Its almost like I have the only one in existence!!

Oh well, I hope you can help.

Gary

you can configure most routers by accessing them through a browser window but you would need to know the default IP address of it...usually something like 192.168.1.1..kinda difficult if ya dont have any info on it..sorry i couldnt be more help you could try entering that IP address in your browser and see waht happens I know its a long shot guessing IP addresses..

lol I will have to have a go later. I am not at home at the moment.

So will the router function properly if I manage to configure it in this way?

You can also try telnetting to the router instead of using a web browser.

Also, check the router for a connector for a serial cable. It could be that you have to use a serial console to get access to it.

Ok guys thanks for the help. I will try everything when I get home. I'm at work at the moment (i'm a trainee in technical support, lol).

Thanks again!

They made at least two routers - I have one...

Login to it using 10.0.0.2 user Admin and password EPICROUTER.

If you manage to get 128bit WEP working (WAP not supported) please let me know.

I hope that this helped in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back