Many devices not being detected in xp??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a IBM Netvista box I've just formatted and threw windows xp on. However, it's not picking up the ethernet controller, vga controller, usb controller, sm bus controller, mutimedia controller, etc.. I'm on a network here at work, and usually I would just hop on the network and download the latest ibm drivers, but I have no ethernet driver! Shouldn't xp pick up an ethernet controller? I've burned the ethernet drivers onto a cd, but ibm rejects the drivers..any suggestions? possibly a hardware problem? thanks in advance

That many things missing suggest that you need the drivers for the motherboard/chipset..

You may want to fiddle with any suspicious pnp/acpi settings in the BIOS.

alright, well i've downloaded the video, audio, and nic drivers, but it's still looking for an SM Bus controller, and USB controller.. ibm's site doesnt have anything on these

You need the chipset drivers.. You can get them from IBM support pages. Just search for "NetVista" and choose drivers.

My XP also give me a wierd hardware problem. Everytime I switch on my PC it will never detect the MODEM.. I need to re-install the modem everytime I want to use it...

Tried going to my Control Panel > Device Manager it gave me some strange looking thing called a Console ROOT .. take a look @ the snapshot~

Let me know if there is any solution!

Attachments

• device_manager.gif
    device_manager.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
Something is definitely up - but you can get to the device manager from that console root by going to File>Add/Remove Snap-in>Add>Device Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back