Many graphics problem, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

goballack

hi. i dont know if the problems are realted to each other. well i'll start listing them. *first of all when i turn on the pc i where i get to see what my graphics card is (where it says' nividia geforce .' and stuff with a black bg), i see some white distortion thingies on the right. those distrotion things even stay when i enter BIOS.
* next during xp loading screen .everything is normal for like 4 seconds then after that the windows logo gets distorted .
*next is after the loading screen my monitor goes into standy mode (orange light) sometimes by itself. after a few 'resets' i finally get the login window.
*next after i login . the screen freezes. then after likes 2 seconds it turns black ( green light on the monitor) and then quickly turns on again and back to normal.and then after like 5 seconds freezes again and same thing happens. this happens frequently (mostly when i refresh and browse appliactionsand change between tabs of appliactions).
*i have random dots of colours mainly blue npinkbut alot of other colours poping up if im using applications or even browsing the web.
*while playing games the graphics is perfect for like 5 seconds and then pixels stretch or gets distorted (all the games). i can override the problem by going to security panel (ctrl+alt+del -i use classic login method-) but its only stays fine for like 4 seconds.this makes playing games impossible T__T
*sometimes either i get BSOD for nv4_disp.dll or it says its stop working (mostly while playing games). this doesnt happen that much though.

thats about it. heres m system info: OS:
windows xp sp3
RAM:1GB
graphics card:nvidia geforce6300 (256mb)

all my drivers are updates.and the problems started happening like 3 days ago.
i dont have an extra monitor( so plz dont ask me to try on other monitors). and my computer is a desktop not a laptop. i''ve tightly plugged in all the cables and stuff. so that isnt the problem. plz help me fix this problem D= . any help is appreciated and sorry for making this post so long

To me it sounds like the graphics card is failing. If it was a driver problem, it would be unlikely that both BIOS and Windows environments would show graphics corruption.

mailpup is correct it's graphic failure. Check it with another system or check your system with another graphic. If your motherboard have on board graphics you can remove the card and use that for testing.

By the way what is that "geforce 6300"? I never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back