Many problems, computer unstable. Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_krambo

I am having BSOD crashes left and right. I haven't found a driver that needs to be updated or any hardware compatibility issues.

The most recent of errors are "driver_irql_less_or_equal" and "memory_management".

I have had errors with my display driver, windows explorer, and have never been able to successfully overclock any part of my system without crash.

I am in need of answers and would like any possible help to make my computer run well.

Read the sticky above in these forums entitled "Before posting your minidumps" by Julio.

And if that doesn't work attach your minidumps.

0xD1 "driver_irql_less_or_equal" errors are caused by drivers trying to access an address they aren't supposed to. What that driver is we can't tell at the moment.

I have done a fair amount of troubleshooting and am not liking what I have seen. This is all been quite frustrating as my computer has gotten at least 9 different stop error messages in the past 2 and a half hours. Heres what I have done:

Cleaned my machine
Completed 2 successful memtest passes
Updated my bios
Updated my video drivers
Checked my temperatures
checked voltages

I can't defrag because my computer crashes too much.

The interesting thing is that speed fan is reporting that no volts are coming through my +3.3 rail. I'm not sure if this means something is very wrong, or if I just don't have anything attached to it. Replacing my power supply won't be a hard fix, but i definitely don't want to spend the money if it isn't necessary.

I'm really getting pissed as I can't even post this so I had to copy the minidumps on to a usb drive, then post from my laptop. I Have attached the last 5 minidumps in this file.

Your first minidump reported error 0x7F:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.
It is suggested that youCheck Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Your second is a 0x0A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Your third is a 0x7E: 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

See 7F above for details.

Fourth is 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists. I know you did MemTest but the minimum of acceptable passes is 7. However, I think in your case it is a driver.

The last is 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations.

* There is only one distinct driver that was listed avgfw2kv.exe which is a driver for the AVG firewall. I used to have Sunbelt's firewall and one driver, inspite of 5 upgrade versions, always caused me BSODs. I would go to their website and read up more concerning this. it could be this driver is just not accessing correctly.

* I would run chkdsk.

* If your PSU is faulty that will cause major system issues. What make and model is it?

This is hardware problem. 80% of is related to faulty ram. Reseat the ram to another memory slot may resolve the blue screen.

I haven't been able to find much about any problems with that avg driver, but i have had problems before installing that program so I don't believe that is the issue. I haven't gotten a chance to run chkdsk yet but i will. I have reseated and changed out the RAM with a couple of different sticks and still the same dilemma. A possible ram compatibilaty issue? I don't think so though.

My Power supply is a
Ultra ULT31844 X-Finity 500W ATX Power Supply (Titanium) Retail

I ran a chkdsk with no problems and while aquiring a hard drive diagnostic i got a 0x000000c5 BSOD. So I am pretty sure this is the result of a bad driver not hardware. I have attatched the mini dump

According to your minidump code error your assumption is correct. It is a driver. From auhma.org -

0xC5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

The driver cited is USBPORT.SYS which a USB driver in Windows for 1.1 and 2.0.

I

I am having trouble identifying the driver that needs to be updated. The driver USBPORT.SYS is found in the "standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller." My mouse and keyboard software are both up to date. My printer is a very old laser printer that is converted to usb. I can't even start my computer now without a 0x000000D1 error if its not in safe mode. There doesn't seem to be a usb update for my motherboard and microsoft won't verify that my software is genuine in safemode so I can't even download from them.

My printer is a very old laser printer that is converted to usb
Hmm, please unplug that, and uninstall the drivers (maybe confirm you still have the drivers first).
Also uninstall any converter drivers (parallel to USB or whatever it is)
microsoft won't verify that my software is genuine
Hmm Hmm!, that doesn't sound right, you may need to phone them (use contact on their site) But if this is a cr@cked version, then you need to be aware that these OS's are not a perfect copy, ie their cr@cked ! Anyway I'm not implying just letting you know.

I unplugged the printer (it is a parallel to usb cable) and I don't believe I even have a driver installed for it. Still no boot without crash. I managed to get it to boot with "last known good configuration" but it probably won't be stable. Microsoft now verifies the software, so i could download something, but after about 2 minutes i get a BSOD stop: 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. No ideas...

oh verifies the driver software. Oh I thought you meant the entire OS.

Anyway, please uninstall the printer too. (more work I know)

Nick_krambo said:
I unplugged the printer (it is a parallel to usb cable) and I don't believe I even have a driver installed for it. Still no boot without crash. I managed to get it to boot with "last known good configuration" but it probably won't be stable. Microsoft now verifies the software, so i could download something, but after about 2 minutes i get a BSOD stop: 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. No ideas...

Can you post this minidump?

I deleted the printer from my computer. Couldn't find any drivers or anything else that relates to it. Should there be?

No removing the printer should hopefully remove the driver too, but just in case go to Add/Remove software and check.

Inside the MiniDumps

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff80001e8bd05}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkFreeOrZeroedPage+45 )
Followup: MachineOwner

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff800020cf5cb, fffffa6001bf3aa8, fffffa6001bf3480}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!CmpDelayDerefKeyControlBlock+fb )

*** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeInsertQueueDpc+74 )

*** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeInsertQueueDpc+74 )
BugCheck D1, {fffffa6003405809, 2, 8, fffffa6003405809}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mssmbios.sys
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NuidFltr.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NuidFltr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NuidFltr.sys
Probably caused by : NuidFltr.sys ( NuidFltr+5809 )

------------

Edit:I'd say run MEMTEST

I need to go to bed but the oone driver that was listed is NuidFltr.sys and I suugest googling it to see what you can come up with.

Also, memory corruption was listed. Have you run MemTest?

From post #4
I know you did MemTest but the minimum of acceptable passes is 7

So you're saying that because you didn't follow direction by Route44, this thread has had 18 extra (not required) posts?

I hope not!

Wow i believe the printer thing may have solved my case! I'll run some stability tests and such and see how it fairs. Thanks for all of the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back