Many Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstpaintball

I don't know what the hell has happend to my computer.

Anyways, this all started about 2 days ago, out of no where. I'll list them in the order in which I noticed the problems.

1. When browsing the internet, webpages will sometimes freeze up while scrolling, the screen will go black for about 2 seconds, and then return to normal until it does it again.

2. The only real game that I have on this computer is World Of Warcraft I think. When the game is loaded and playing, parts of the game flicker, and parts of the game that overlay (example menu) the rest of the game, flicker invisible. I think I can even see parts of my desktop sometimes when the game flickers.

3. The computer is rebooting on its own now, and sometimes when it reboots either on its own, or when I do it, I get this.

AwardBios Setup Utility

CPU/PCI Frequency (MHZ) [AUTO]

Item Specific Help

"During the last boot-up, your system hung for improper frequency combination. Your system is now working in safe mode. To optimize the system performance and reliability, make sure the frequency combination conforms to the specifications of your CPU, DIMM and other connected devices."

This is set to AUTO, and I just left it on that.

I thought for sure at first that it was a problem with my video card, with the first 2 problems, but now I don't know with the 3rd.

So far this is what I've done hoping that it would fix the problem.
Scan Disk
Updated Video Card Driver
Scanned for Viruses, and found 16 in 8 files, but when I tried to Clean/Delete it crashed.

Before these problems, I haven't downloaded any new drivers, etc, for awhile.

P4 2.66ghz
512mb DDR
BFG 6800GT OC 256mb

The BFG Card is supposed to have a lifetime warrenty, but I don't know if they'll honor it since I bought it brand new sealed off eBay, about 6 months ago.

If theres anything else you need to know, just let me know.

Thanks

mstpaintball said:
P4 2.66ghz
512mb DDR
BFG 6800GT OC 256mb

The BFG Card is supposed to have a lifetime warrenty, but I don't know if they'll honor it since I bought it brand new sealed off eBay, about 6 months ago.
It does have lifetime war. I used it and they honored it no prob!
They do not have product registration so the war goes with the card.
The only set back is they require credit card and clear pic of vid card & ser#,
before they'll send you one next day air(you pay ship). Otherwise you send them the card with RMA info from tech support. They send you one back after they recieve yours! Pretty kewl!
Tech support will help determine if the card is the prob. 24/7.
If it isn't the vid card...
What MoBo brand and model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back