Mapped drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone help me regarding mapping drives scenario !
after we have mapped the drives from our server, as soon as we shut down our pc and open it the drives are not showing but to the other pc it is still showing..

When you map drives under Windows, there's an option to automatically map them after start up. If you're having problems with this, more details would be useful, such as what OS you are using, if you're computer is able to even get on the network at all etc...

Mr. Rick,

This is the details of my PC :
O.S : Windows 2000

When i start my pc it will show something like restoring your network drive but right now it is not there, everytime i switch my pc i have to mapped the drives back again... but to the other pc even if you close their pc the mapped dirves is still there.

Thanks and Regards,
Nico

You need to authenticate with the server each time you login.
If your PC's aren't joined to the servers Domain, you need to authenticate with it somehow.

Try doing the following in a cmd prompt:

net use \\servername or server IP address /user:username password

Mapping drives

Mr. Rick,

Thank you very much i'll try that procedure,

I have a querry regarding my XP i have an external hard disk and i want to shared it. their able to mapped the drives but their not able to see or use the folders inside it, kindly help me with this one it shows error : contact your network administrator it is telling..

Your website is very helpfull.. more power..

Thanks and Regards,
Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back