TechSpot

Mark Zuckerberg was the highest-paid CEO in North America last year at $2.28 billion

By Shawn Knight
Oct 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg was the highest paid chief executive officer of any North American company in 2012. The social network boss received $2.28 billion in compensation last year with nearly all of his yearly earnings coming as a result...

Read more

2. All that money and he still hasn't treated himself to a hair-do that doesn't make his head look like it's fused with wires and resistors. *nerd*

Littleczr likes this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,091   +1,519

I personally don't care what he looks like and neither should you. People degrading each other is one of the biggest problems with social life on this planet.

Burty117, Steve and t3chn0vamp like this.
  4. @ Cliff
    I personally don't care what he looks like and neither should you. People degrading each other is one of the biggest problems with social life on this planet.

And ur gonna fix that via the comment sections of a computer website? Good for you! Uh oh, I used ur instead of you're. Are you gonna fix that too?

Back on topic, Zuck has come a long way. Good for him!

5. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Lol I wouldn't give crap what I looked like if I was a billionaire

Burty117 and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  6. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,922   +565

With the kind of money I would leave the book and buy a new face, one that doesn't scare kids and chicks.

He must be looking to have his picture against "NERD" in the dictionary, and continue to stay on your top-10 dart posters list, and just so we are clear, I don't mean it in a good way like this...
    [​IMG]
    It's the other way round. Arrh, some things just go wrong at times...

The truth is...

[​IMG]

7. cliffordcooley

Actually I don't, but so what if I did? What difference is it to you? Take care of yourself and leave others to live the way they want to.
    If you hadn't posted trash, there wouldn't be a need in fixing anything.

Chazz likes this.
  8. VitalyT

That, plus our lawful right to hate whoever we want... And if you think otherwise - you're on the list too ;)

9. cliffordcooley

Having negative or positive feeling for someone doesn't give rights to be verbal about them. Anyone can use discretion, and those who don't are only acting childish.

10. VitalyT

What about freedom of speech? No? Misuse? ...the list is just getting bigger all by itself... :)

11. cliffordcooley

What list? All I see is immoral conduct.

Chazz likes this.

12. VitalyT

Nevermind :)

13. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,402   +541

People have the "right" to ridicule whomever they please. Using discretion is an exercise of maturity...As is tolerating (see ignoring) pedestrian-level quips about people's hair styles.

14. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,384   +479 Staff Member

I didn't read the article but the heading is clearly misleading based on the comments. It should read "Zuckerberg's hair cut, thoughts?"

15. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

Does this mean he doesn't have to live in the Salvation Army any more? :)

16. Saintnsinner

Saintnsinner TS Rookie Posts: 56   +11

Don't let Obama find out about that.

17. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,120   +723

Yeah, but it's a nice surprise. I completely expected a discussion on corporate greed and the evil's of people getting paid so much regardless of what they've done to improve our lives. And then someone would chime in and point out that the critical person is using one of the products of the CEO's company to broadcast their criticism. Then it would escalate a little bit back and forth. Then there would be some wall of text that no one would read and finally there would be a couple more halfhearted comments as we got bored with arguing. Then we'd refresh the main page and cross our fingers that no alerts come up we have to respond to and we'd find a different story with a less controversial topic.

So anyway... his hair isn't that great. I honestly never noticed. I thought it was stranger that the Apple crew always dressed in the same jeans and dark shirts.

davislane1 and cliffordcooley like this.
  18. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,814   +921

That hairdo is what was likely preventing him from scoring a date. Which is why he started "Facebook" in the first place, now isn't it? So....,changing the hair do would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water, now wouldn't it?

The good news here is, now the new, "Markie Mark", can afford the very best hookers that money can buy....(y)

I didn't have an idea like him, and haven't had a haircut since 1972. These are lean times, my friend, and all I have for company is a few stray "Guest" posters to act as my straight men.....:p

BTW, as a guest, you're not allowed to post in all bold. Besides, your post wasn't that funny, just a mixture of whimsical, and dare I say it, bitter, tinged with jealousy?.

19. captaincranky

Oh I don't know, I think his hair do is OK. What he needs is a flat spot on his head, where the hookers can set their drinks.

OK staff, I'll give you 3 guesses why I posted this separately....:eek:

20. captaincranky

No, you're wrong! The problem is, that people who should be sterilized, are not being sterilized!:mad:

Allowing any predator without predators in a food chain, to go along in glorious fertility, while unrepentantly reproducing in the quantities that humans do, is a recipe for disaster.

After all, food stamps will stop working, when we run out of food to buy with them.

davislane1 likes this.
  21. Heinie_Manutz

Heinie_Manutz TS Rookie

Hey Mark!

Wanna get some beer and, umm, play a little Poker this weekend?

22. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 599   +89

haha sure he will just pay a guy that is better than you to beat you and take your money :p

23. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 382   +70

There are some people in my computer science lab who you would say fit the stereo type of a nerd. My problem is that some don't have any regard for hygiene making some one like me put up the the odor when I have no choice to sit next to them.

24. captaincranky

Right! And, that's a technique I use during the summer to protect my personal space from my "neighbors". I figure if I have to smell their stinking incense, their stinking cheap cigars loaded with reefer, and their stinking filthy yards loaded with at least a month's worth of torn up trash, then they can, "smell me"! BTW, "assault with an unwashed armpit", isn't even a summary offense.

Then too, not brushing your teeth more than once a week, can assist in getting rid of stubborn porch infestations of Jehovah's Witnesses....:p You wanna talk? Then let's!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.