Mark Zuckerberg was the highest-paid CEO in North America last year at $2.28 billion

Shawn Knight

Staff member

facebook zuckerberg ceo

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg was the highest paid chief executive officer of any North American company in 2012. The social network boss received $2.28 billion in compensation last year with nearly all of his yearly earnings coming as a result of exercising share options when the company went public.

According to research firm GMI Ratings, the top 10 highest-paid CEOs earned a combined $4.7 billion during 2012 although $3.3 billion of that came from stock option profits. Either way, that is the highest total in the 11 years that the firm has been publishing yearly compensation reports. What’s more, two chief executives earned more than $1 billion and not a single person in the top 10 took home less than $100 million.

2012 was the third year in a row in which North American CEOs realized significant compensation gains. Among the 2,259 executives surveyed, median earnings were up 8.47 percent but that’s actually down from double-digit gains the two previous years. The firm also found that CEOs of Standard & Poor companies saw a median increase of 19.65 percent.

Other tech-based CEOs in the top 10 include Apple chief Tim Cook (fifth place) and Sales CEO Marc Benioff (ninth place). Other big names like LinkedIn boss Jeffrey Weiner didn’t make the list but still had a stellar year, bringing home $78 million in total compensation ($75 million from stock options).

Permalink to story.

All that money and he still hasn't treated himself to a hair-do that doesn't make his head look like it's fused with wires and resistors. *nerd*

@ Cliff
I personally don't care what he looks like and neither should you. People degrading each other is one of the biggest problems with social life on this planet.

And ur gonna fix that via the comment sections of a computer website? Good for you! Uh oh, I used ur instead of you're. Are you gonna fix that too?

Back on topic, Zuck has come a long way. Good for him!

With the kind of money I would leave the book and buy a new face, one that doesn't scare kids and chicks.

He must be looking to have his picture against "NERD" in the dictionary, and continue to stay on your top-10 dart posters list, and just so we are clear, I don't mean it in a good way like this...
harrows_poster-219x300.jpg

It's the other way round. Arrh, some things just go wrong at times...

The truth is...

h14936A87

You probably have the same haircut, in that case.
Actually I don't, but so what if I did? What difference is it to you? Take care of yourself and leave others to live the way they want to.
And ur gonna fix that via the comment sections of a computer website? Good for you! Uh oh, I used ur instead of you're. Are you gonna fix that too?
If you hadn't posted trash, there wouldn't be a need in fixing anything.

That, plus our lawful right to hate whoever we want... And if you think otherwise - you're on the list too ;)
Having negative or positive feeling for someone doesn't give rights to be verbal about them. Anyone can use discretion, and those who don't are only acting childish.

What about freedom of speech? No? Misuse? ...the list is just getting bigger all by itself... :)

That, plus our lawful right to hate whoever we want... And if you think otherwise - you're on the list too ;)
Having negative or positive feeling for someone doesn't give rights to be verbal about them. Anyone can use discretion, and those who don't are only acting childish.

People have the "right" to ridicule whomever they please. Using discretion is an exercise of maturity...As is tolerating (see ignoring) pedestrian-level quips about people's hair styles.

I didn't read the article but the heading is clearly misleading based on the comments. It should read "Zuckerberg's hair cut, thoughts?"

Yeah, but it's a nice surprise. I completely expected a discussion on corporate greed and the evil's of people getting paid so much regardless of what they've done to improve our lives. And then someone would chime in and point out that the critical person is using one of the products of the CEO's company to broadcast their criticism. Then it would escalate a little bit back and forth. Then there would be some wall of text that no one would read and finally there would be a couple more halfhearted comments as we got bored with arguing. Then we'd refresh the main page and cross our fingers that no alerts come up we have to respond to and we'd find a different story with a less controversial topic.

So anyway... his hair isn't that great. I honestly never noticed. I thought it was stranger that the Apple crew always dressed in the same jeans and dark shirts.

All that money and he still hasn't treated himself to a hair-do that doesn't make his head look like it's fused with wires and resistors. *nerd*
That hairdo is what was likely preventing him from scoring a date. Which is why he started "Facebook" in the first place, now isn't it? So....,changing the hair do would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water, now wouldn't it?

The good news here is, now the new, "Markie Mark", can afford the very best hookers that money can buy....(y)

I didn't have an idea like him, and haven't had a haircut since 1972. These are lean times, my friend, and all I have for company is a few stray "Guest" posters to act as my straight men.....:p

BTW, as a guest, you're not allowed to post in all bold. Besides, your post wasn't that funny, just a mixture of whimsical, and dare I say it, bitter, tinged with jealousy?.

Oh I don't know, I think his hair do is OK. What he needs is a flat spot on his head, where the hookers can set their drinks.

OK staff, I'll give you 3 guesses why I posted this separately....:eek:

I personally don't care what he looks like and neither should you. People degrading each other is one of the biggest problems with social life on this planet.
No, you're wrong! The problem is, that people who should be sterilized, are not being sterilized!:mad:

Allowing any predator without predators in a food chain, to go along in glorious fertility, while unrepentantly reproducing in the quantities that humans do, is a recipe for disaster.

After all, food stamps will stop working, when we run out of food to buy with them.

There are some people in my computer science lab who you would say fit the stereo type of a nerd. My problem is that some don't have any regard for hygiene making some one like me put up the the odor when I have no choice to sit next to them.

There are some people in my computer science lab who you would say fit the stereo type of a nerd. My problem is that some don't have any regard for hygiene making some one like me put up the the odor when I have no choice to sit next to them.
Right! And, that's a technique I use during the summer to protect my personal space from my "neighbors". I figure if I have to smell their stinking incense, their stinking cheap cigars loaded with reefer, and their stinking filthy yards loaded with at least a month's worth of torn up trash, then they can, "smell me"! BTW, "assault with an unwashed armpit", isn't even a summary offense.

Then too, not brushing your teeth more than once a week, can assist in getting rid of stubborn porch infestations of Jehovah's Witnesses....:p You wanna talk? Then let's!

Back