Marriage Vs Computer:- Guess who won??

RustyZip

Ive always said it, and i'll say it again:-
Marriage and Computers don't mix !!!

Trust me, i know - the wife's just left me:(

Guess the Computer won...

The only real shame is that we have two young children, i love them both dearly..

When it comes to my kids though:-
My children Vs Computer:- The kids win hands down...

You know, life's a bit*h, then you marry one, then you get sucked dry, then she leaves...

The only good thing to come out of it is little Rose & Harry. God bless 'em...

Ignore me while i go and sulk in the corner.............

How unfortunate. :(

She didn't leave you over your computer though, I hope. :eek:

Sorry to hear that RustyZip. Hopefully things will turn out for the better, for your childrens sake. I know it can be hard on kids to have their parents split up. But keep your head up and things will turn out.

Hi, man.

First up, very sorry to hear your bad news. That's not good, man.

Secondly, I thought I would tell you, and all of the readers here, that I've lost girlfriends through computers before. Not a wife - I've never been married and sometimes I think that computing is the reason.

I used to go out with this girl called Sara, and she and I had great fun together. Then I rediscovered computing. All I wanted to do was stay in and catch up with all of the stuff that I had missed. My weight dropped off and soon, so did her interest in me.

Since then I've had relationships with girls who were into computing, but if you find one who is then hang on to her.

Lastly, I'd tell you that my parents are divorced, and have been for years. My Dad started out with all of the good intentions of seeing us regularly but then he remarried and had more children. Now I see him about 2 times a year, and when I do its got this "effected" quality almost as if he is doing it out of some kind of sense of obligation, and not because he really wants to. Like he is fulfilling some kind of contractual obligation.

Come what may (and I really hope that you are your wife manage to sort out your differences, which I am sure its possible you still can) then remember to put the children first. No matter how many years go by, don't let your relationship slip with them or they will have just as lame an opinion of you as I do of my old man sometimes....

I wish you and all dear to you the very best of luck.

Well said Phantasm, I am not old enough to experience lots of girlfriends or wife's, but I am getting married next June.

But the most important thing is as you said lastly, the children. I hope you and your wife can work things out, but don't let your relationship with her ruin the relationship you have with your kids. Keep strong brother.

Thanks very much for your replies, it helps...

I don't know whether we can salvedge the marriage or not, we'll have to wait and see. I want to, but the wife doesn't think so...

But what ever happens the children DO and WILL come first...

Sorry to hear about your tale of woe Phant'66...

Poertner: I guess we won't be seeing you much after next June then:)

The worst thing i can see in the future, is having to pick up my kids to stay with me, and seeing her with another bloke, after spending years with her (who i still love)... Thats gonna suck big time:mad: :dead: :blackeye:

Thanks for your support...

Originally posted by RustyZip

The worst thing i can see in the future, is having to pick up my kids to stay with me, and seeing her with another bloke, after spending years with her (who i still love)... Thats gonna suck big time:mad: :dead: :blackeye: .

Have you told her all of this????

All I am thinking is that from the sounds of it, she thinks that you don't care and that you'd rather mess around with the PC than spend time with her? Is this true? Is it symptomatic of other problems?

Sometimes people do things like this (i.e. leave their partner) just to see if they care.... When things have cooled down, perhaps you could tell her what you have just written here??

Just some suggestions... I have never met you in real life and not her, so I have no idea really and am probably just talking crap but I thought it was worth mentioning....

No, no Phant'. You are not talking crap:)

Believe me, i've told her, and many other things, but to no good...

Its a very very long story with a sad sad ending (so far)...

I'll keep you posted if anything changes...

I initially avoided this thread because I was in a similar situation no too long ago and didn't want to think about it. Wife and I were having problems, but we managed to get into counseling (and probably just in time). Just a heads up if you guys do decide to get some marriage counseling, it's probably not going to start off well - mine got much worse and I got a lot angrier. Keep that in mind, just-in-case. I'm very sorry to hear about this type of stuff and I can definitely relate Rusty, but I think Phant summed it all up pretty well. Wise words for someone never married Phant.

LNCPapa

Originally posted by RustyZip
Poertner: I guess we won't be seeing you much after next June then:)

I'll still be around hopefully. As of right now i plan on it... we'll see what happens later.

Back