Marvel removes digital download availability for its games

By Russ Boswell
Jan 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A slew of Marvel-based titles have been yanked from digital storefronts, including Steam, Xbox Live, and the Playstation Network. This news come on the heels of a recent Marvel “New Years sale” that was spotted on Facebook. Titles like Deadpool,...

Read more
  2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,838   +394

Thats disappointing, but oh well this was expected at some point since the age of digital media is at hand.
  3. chuckmeister

chuckmeister Newcomer, in training

Good luck with that, Disney
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,727   +286

I kind of miss the days of physical copies. xD
  5. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TechSpot Booster Posts: 145   +36

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,071   +1,181

They must have something up their sleeve. I don't see them shooting themselves in the foot this way for long.
  7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Guess I won't be picking up a cheap copy of Deadpool in the next Steam sale then.
    SalaSSin likes this.
  8. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

Lol hilarious. They did what?! *rubs eyes*
    SalaSSin and cliffordcooley like this.
  9. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TechSpot Booster Posts: 145   +36

The answer has finally materialized... reissue to be on 67 5.25" floppies per IT Director, M. Mouse..
  10. Hmm, let's see. If I wanted to play one of those games....
    Get in my car and go out in the blistering frigid weather to try to find it locally?
    Or check piratebay and wait a few hours in the comfort of my warm chair?

Yeah, not a bright move on Marvel's part
  11. Actually it might be a good move if they're taking this time to reevaluate their contracts---particularly those with Activision. Their games have been mediocre for the most part. I'm hoping they either set up with another company that can make great games e.g., Rocksteady or they set up their own great studio and finally give us some great Marvel Super Hero games that these characters deserve.
  12. alcarin2030

alcarin2030 TechSpot Member Posts: 99   +10

13. This is like some Ricky Spanish type junk why won't companies embrace the digital age and stop nickel and diming us consumers and gamers!

14. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +71

The photo in the article! XD

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.