Mass Effect 2 is currently free on PC

Scorpus

Staff member

EA is currently offering Mass Effect 2 for free through their Origin game store. It's the latest game to be included in EA's On the House program, which regularly gives out free PC games for a limited time.

All you'll need to claim your free copy of Mass Effect 2 is an Origin account. It's not clear how long EA will be offering the game for free, so it's a good idea to grab it as soon as possible if you're interested. After you claim your free copy, it's yours to keep forever, even after the promotion concludes.

Mass Effect 2 was previously available for free on December 20th, however at that time it was not part of the On the House program, and the promotion only lasted a short time. This new promotion should be available for a little while longer.

With Mass Effect Andromeda set to launch on March 21st, now is the perfect time to refresh your Mass Effect knowledge or jump into the series for the first time. Mass Effect 2 is perhaps the best of the series, and while it's nearly seven years old now, it's still a very enjoyable game.

Permalink to story.

Every free game I have gotten on origin has been really buggy or just didn't work at all.
Not so long a go they gave away Crysis with only a 32 bit exe file that didn't work on 64 windows. With origin you have no way of adding the correct exe file even if you have it due to not having access to the game files within origin. EA's back catalogue always work better on steam and GOG because they put the games out with the correct exe's.

Every free game I have gotten on origin has been really buggy or just didn't work at all.
Not so long a go they gave away Crysis with only a 32 bit exe file that didn't work on 64 windows. With origin you have no way of adding the correct exe file even if you have it due to not having access to the game files within origin. EA's back catalogue always work better on steam and GOG because they put the games out with the correct exe's.
this one is at least good if you make it to work :D
had a blast playing it a long time ago.

Lol. thanks... I now like have >5 games yet to download each from ea on the house games and ubisoft uplay... damn 50GB monthly LTE data allowance... (Philippines Globe Telecom)

I played ME1 so getting 2 for free is nice. I had been waiting to get Mirror's Edge Catalyst but decided to throw Origin some business for the free game.

I recently did a full trilogy replay with most DLC - easily one of my favourite games of all time. It's basically very story-driven with lots of wandering around (which can seem slow-paced) interspersed with bursts of action/shooting. If your thing is constant mindless fast-paced action, then you won't enjoy it. I use ME3 multiplayer to get my fix of that.

this one is at least good if you make it to work :D
had a blast playing it a long time ago.
I loved the series and this one is the best.

Back