Mass production of 28nm Exynos CPU for Galaxy S4 starting soon

By Shawn Knight
Oct 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung is already working on the successor to the popular Galaxy S3 smartphone. Sources claim the South Korean tech giant recently produced a test version of a 28nm High-K Metal Gate (HKMG) processor codenamed Adonis that will ultimately find a...

Read more
  2. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 490   +75

I have been nothing but thrilled with my Galaxy S2, perhaps if it's a big enough improvement I will upgrade. The Galaxy S3 just felt like a Galaxy S2 HD to me and wasn't worth it.
  3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,285   +397 Staff Member

I felt the S3 was the biggest leap forward yet, I have had the S1 and S2 before it and I felt the S2 was a much smaller step from the S1 when compared to the S3 from S2. In any case I am excited to see what they do with the S4.
  4. dawei1993

dawei1993 Newcomer, in training Posts: 37

I have also used all three galaxy S series handsets, and thought about them the same way you have. The leap from S2 to S3 was just amazing, and I look forward to what improvements there will be on the S4. Howevever, I am dismayed that updates for these handsets are so rapid. It has only been months since the release of the S3, but already the S4? I don't regret having bought my S3, but it just seems... unfair... for some reason :(
  5. I am sure there are plenty of people who feel a new phone from Apple is too often and a whole bunch more that were bummed that iPhone 5 came out a few months after the iPhone 4s.
  6. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

This is inevitable in today's fast paced technology. It's all a matter of finding a time to strike, and understanding when that is that will best make you happy.

My AT&T contract will be up just in time for the S4 (kind of guessing). I've had an S1 and S2 as well, and I'm skipping the S3. I am very satisfied with the S2, and except for it being available in other colors, I have managed (purposefully) to stay, for the most part, ignorant to it's increased specs or features.

In doing this, I hope that the S4 will be able to ride for about 2 years and keep me satisfied, because I plan to be one of the few to have it first.
  7. PC nerd

PC nerd TechSpot Booster Posts: 320   +36

Exciting stuff. It will be a lovely upgrade from my HTC Wildfire.
  8. Exynos? from what product they copy? beware for patent infringement :D
  9. gperezarguello

gperezarguello Newcomer, in training

The chip is called a Exynos 5450, not a 5400....

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.