1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass production of 28nm Exynos CPU for Galaxy S4 starting soon

By Shawn Knight · 8 replies
Oct 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung is already working on the successor to the popular Galaxy S3 smartphone. Sources claim the South Korean tech giant recently produced a test version of a 28nm High-K Metal Gate (HKMG) processor codenamed Adonis that will ultimately find a...

Read more

2. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 740   +206

I have been nothing but thrilled with my Galaxy S2, perhaps if it's a big enough improvement I will upgrade. The Galaxy S3 just felt like a Galaxy S2 HD to me and wasn't worth it.

3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,288   +1,377

I felt the S3 was the biggest leap forward yet, I have had the S1 and S2 before it and I felt the S2 was a much smaller step from the S1 when compared to the S3 from S2. In any case I am excited to see what they do with the S4.

4. dawei1993

dawei1993 TS Rookie Posts: 37

I have also used all three galaxy S series handsets, and thought about them the same way you have. The leap from S2 to S3 was just amazing, and I look forward to what improvements there will be on the S4. Howevever, I am dismayed that updates for these handsets are so rapid. It has only been months since the release of the S3, but already the S4? I don't regret having bought my S3, but it just seems... unfair... for some reason :(

5. I am sure there are plenty of people who feel a new phone from Apple is too often and a whole bunch more that were bummed that iPhone 5 came out a few months after the iPhone 4s.

6. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,485   +205

This is inevitable in today's fast paced technology. It's all a matter of finding a time to strike, and understanding when that is that will best make you happy.

My AT&T contract will be up just in time for the S4 (kind of guessing). I've had an S1 and S2 as well, and I'm skipping the S3. I am very satisfied with the S2, and except for it being available in other colors, I have managed (purposefully) to stay, for the most part, ignorant to it's increased specs or features.

In doing this, I hope that the S4 will be able to ride for about 2 years and keep me satisfied, because I plan to be one of the few to have it first.

7. PC nerd

PC nerd TS Booster Posts: 317   +41

Exciting stuff. It will be a lovely upgrade from my HTC Wildfire.

8. Exynos? from what product they copy? beware for patent infringement :D

9. gperezarguello

gperezarguello TS Rookie

The chip is called a Exynos 5450, not a 5400....