Master to slave - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

My question is simple. During my last reformat (2weeks ago) I decided to put my operating system and program files etc on a 10gb hdd and keep my 80gb as storage. After setting my entire system up I realised the 10gb was only 5400RPM but didnt think much of it. As it turns out it has slowed my pc down a lot so I want to swap the contents of the drives around, so that everything that is on my master will be put onto slave. I tried simply copying it but I got the "file is in use" error. A friend told me about Norton Ghost but I thought there mustve been an easier way. I concidered booting into safe mode and then copying across but assumed that wouldnt work either. There is enough space on the 80GB one to store the master drive in its entirity. All I need to know is how to copy it across.

Regards,

Korrupt

Well, please be patient. You only gave someone 5 hours to help you with your problem.

However I would suggest some type of image copying software like Norton Ghost.

Ok
I'm here
get seagate disc wizard it will copy all without error
follow prompts for type of disc
has worked on 98% of my drives, other brands too

Disk Copy 1.0 would be fine. It copy all or part of a hard drive to another hard drive with sector by sector. And it's a free software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back