MasterCard adds fingerprint scanner to upcoming contactless payment card

By Shawn Knight
Oct 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. One way or another, the traditional way of making payments at retail is going to change. While companies like Apple and Softcard are hoping you ditch plastic completely, others believe consumers do indeed value security and convenience but will be...

Read more
  2. S_Brideau

S_Brideau TS Rookie Posts: 65

As long as it still needs another security measure such as the chip and pin, I'm up for it, but using only the biometrics is a big no, security-wise.
  3. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Addict Posts: 272   +138

Could you imagine your grandma trying to use this card? Holy sh*t. Any new payment technology needs to be tested at an old folks home. If they can't use it, toss it out the window. I don't want to be standing in a line when the cashier has to explain to Betty how to put her finger over the card and touch the card to the terminal instead of swiping it.
  4. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,292   +55

I used to use my father's credit card. Not anymore, I guess. Come on people. Get to college or something. I hope that's what it is.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

I'll never get used to something like this, I'm still getting used to bartering with seashells, salt etc. but Amazon and the like don't wanna play ball with me. :D
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

They inject your DC or CC info into nano chip. You either wear it or have it on your skin. You would also wear Photo ID always to ID you on anywhere. Your vehicle only has a barcode for license plate (white/black) This is the way of the future.
  7. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,159   +198

8. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Addict Posts: 295   +58

It's laughable how smartchip credit cards are just beginning to launch now.