TechSpot

Match.com to use facial recognition to help find people that look like your ex

By Shawn Knight
Jun 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Over the years, online dating sites have managed to shed the early stigma of being reserved for creeps and the socially awkward. For those that aren't into the bar scene, enrolled in college or would rather screen potential mates before...

Read more

2. Wow, I feel like this defeats the purpose...

3. That would be cool If your new GF looks a like and a little better than your ex. Show your ex your upgrade

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,453   +565

And then your ex finds out you found Version 2.0 on a dating website and promptly laughs herself into tears.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  5. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Booster Posts: 243   +47

Its not really "a person that looks like your ex", its just you are drawn to a certain type of person, whether it be dark hair, or blonder hair. Skinny face, round face. Big cheek bones, small cheek bones. Like it or not, your ex falls in your taste-range and is calculable.

6. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 566   +105

If I wanted to date a new version of my ex, I'd date my ex.

lmike6453 likes this.
  7. dms96960

dms96960 TS Enthusiast Posts: 225   +20

LOL

8. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,020   +153

Fixed that for you. :)
    I don't want to date another woman who looks like my ex.

lmike6453 and Darkshadoe like this.
  9. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,173   +243

$10,000 per year.... Thats like trying to get someone to pay $10,000 a year to use facebook... actually its the EXACT same thing....

Darkshadoe and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,212   +776

And you find yourself stuck with a clone when you could've had the original.

Darkshadoe likes this.
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,212   +776

This looks like it has all the hallmarks of a racket or scam to me but as the saying goes, different strokes... and if they're willing buy into it I guess they believe money can buy you love.

12. Hmm, failed first time, may as well get a clone.

13. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 134   +17

Perfect for those of you that just can't let go of that look that no longer wanted anything to do with you. Just plain creepy.

Darkshadoe likes this.
  14. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,453   +565

I think most of us understand that. People like the attributes they like, but the way they've advertised it here is rather ridiculous.

Can't let go of a look? I think you've missed the point of their system. If you change your physical preferences on the basis of a bad relationship, you've got deeper issues.

The real problem is that it only matches facial attributes. Last I checked, those things come attached to bodies. If they can't match preferred facial attributes to preferred body attributes, the system is just broken, I tell you, broken!

15. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

Wow this a boatload of creepy.

Darkshadoe likes this.
  16. ^ ditto, The first thing I want to do is be reminded of my ex every time I see them.

17. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 81

I met my wife on Match and we've been married two years. I had a lot of fun dating several women I met on match. It was like a buffet of ***.

18. OR your twins fantasy could true , your "ex" and your "new"

19. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 134   +17

I understood their point, my coment was meant to be taken in a comical sort of way ))

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.