Match.com to use facial recognition to help find people that look like your ex

Shawn Knight

Staff member

match facial recognition find people

Over the years, online dating sites have managed to shed the early stigma of being reserved for creeps and the socially awkward. For those that aren’t into the bar scene, enrolled in college or would rather screen potential mates before wasting time, it’s a perfectly viable tool in the quest to find love.

That said, it’s not uncommon to be attracted to a certain “type” of person. Maybe blondes are your thing, perhaps you prefer green eyes over blue or have a preference for a certain race. These are all things that can be filtered with ease when utilizing one of several popular online dating sites but for some, filtering with these attributes alone isn’t enough.

In the event that you know exactly what you’re after in the looks department and if that just so happened to be your ex, a new partnership between Match.com and LA-based matchmaking service Three Day Rule could be worth looking into.

Those that upgrade to the premium offering in the coming weeks will have access to, among other amenities, the company’s facial recognition technology. Simply upload some photos of your ex and the software will work its magic to find other members that have similar facial features.

It sounds a bit creepy, yes, but if your ex had everything except a fitting personality, it makes sense. What may not make much sense for most, however, is the price of the service: $5,000 for a six-month package.

In addition to the facial recognition service, you also get a professional matchmaker that can coach you and even go on pre-dates as to not waste your time.

The service is clearly targeting high-end clients that don’t have the time to try to narrow down the dating pool on their own but even still, five grand is a lot of money for no guarantees.

Permalink to story.

That would be cool If your new GF looks a like and a little better than your ex. Show your ex your upgrade

Its not really "a person that looks like your ex", its just you are drawn to a certain type of person, whether it be dark hair, or blonder hair. Skinny face, round face. Big cheek bones, small cheek bones. Like it or not, your ex falls in your taste-range and is calculable.

This looks like it has all the hallmarks of a racket or scam to me but as the saying goes, different strokes... and if they're willing buy into it I guess they believe money can buy you love.

Perfect for those of you that just can't let go of that look that no longer wanted anything to do with you. Just plain creepy.

Its not really "a person that looks like your ex", its just you are drawn to a certain type of person, whether it be dark hair, or blonder hair. Skinny face, round face. Big cheek bones, small cheek bones. Like it or not, your ex falls in your taste-range and is calculable.

I think most of us understand that. People like the attributes they like, but the way they've advertised it here is rather ridiculous.

Perfect for those of you that just can't let go of that look that no longer wanted anything to do with you. Just plain creepy.

Can't let go of a look? I think you've missed the point of their system. If you change your physical preferences on the basis of a bad relationship, you've got deeper issues.

The real problem is that it only matches facial attributes. Last I checked, those things come attached to bodies. If they can't match preferred facial attributes to preferred body attributes, the system is just broken, I tell you, broken!

^ ditto, The first thing I want to do is be reminded of my ex every time I see them.

I met my wife on Match and we've been married two years. I had a lot of fun dating several women I met on match. It was like a buffet of ***.

I think most of us understand that. People like the attributes they like, but the way they've advertised it here is rather ridiculous.

Can't let go of a look? I think you've missed the point of their system. If you change your physical preferences on the basis of a bad relationship, you've got deeper issues.

The real problem is that it only matches facial attributes. Last I checked, those things come attached to bodies. If they can't match preferred facial attributes to preferred body attributes, the system is just broken, I tell you, broken!
I understood their point, my coment was meant to be taken in a comical sort of way ))

Back