Match print to screen aarrgghh !

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale46

Hi all,

PLEASE can anyone help me ?

I have paintshop pro 6 and photoshop and a canon pixma ip3000

Now, i cant for the life of me get the bloody thing to print a picture exactly how i see it on the monitor.....is this normal ?

I have tried everything, different ink, different paper settings (if i lie to it and tell it i'm using matte or glossy i get different results) i've tried vivd settings etc etc etc !!

All i want to do is print the picture i am looking at on the screen.....is that too much to ask ? :(

I know there is probably a million parameters but can anyone please offer any advice.

Thanks for reading my rant ;)

Vale

Uhm.. And what exactly is wrong? The mouse cursor isn't there? The colours are off? The picture is the wrong size? It prints some other picture instead?

soz,

prints arent as vibrant, they are too dark, not as colourfull !

I have tried upping the gamma, and colour etc but its just a hit and miss, and its getting expensive wasting glossy photo paper and ink !

Well.. They will never be as colorful if you have a monitor with a glossy screen and all the "punchy" effects turned on. Paper doesn't glow like computer displays do.

I can't look at your monitor and your prints so I can't really judge how much colour you are missing.

Maybe have one of you photos done in a real photo lab on glossy paper and see how it turns out?

Well.. They will never be as colorful if you have a monitor with a glossy screen and all the "punchy" effects turned on. Paper doesn't glow like computer displays do.

it's the same difference between paper and slides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back