Maximum length of Signature?

werty316

Private Message I got Earlier

I got a private message form a admin member I believe about my signature asking if I could get rid of it as it can save the forums from looking so cluttered. I had my system specs as my sig. I see plenty of other members having a sig like mine showing their respected systems but was I the only one asked to remove my stats?

You probably should have pmed julio over this but then again it is a discussion board :D some people here, leately, new members especially, have REALLY long sigs.. like redicuiously long sigs about the PC, down to every screw put then, then all spaced apart. I dont recall yours as being one of them, but apparently it was too long. You should ask how long is the max.

It not that I am mad infact it does make sense since some people put alot in their sigs that make em too long. I am fine with whatever decision.

There really isn't a need to put your system specs into your signature at all unless you need to brag or compensate - there is a place for your rig info in your user profile.

Several members have recently been asked to do this, you weren't singled out. Unless there is some great conspiracy that I am unaware of :p
The reason you probably see some old posts with them still there is because those members haven't posted recently or a moderator just hasn't noticed it yet. If you have any specific member's signature that you wish to make additional complaints about, PM me or another moderator, or even Julio and it will be looked into.

I'm glad someone started doing something. I don't know if it was you, but I remember someone who had a super long one, with the specs of his system, all bulleted and such. He never posted more than his sig, from at least all the posts I've seen from him.

I don't know if it was you, but I remember someone who had a super long one, with the specs of his system, all bulleted and such. He never posted more than his sig, from at least all the posts I've seen from him.
/Whistles innocently

Yes - it was me, and i got the same message werty316 did.....so now my sig has been culled. Shame really, those bullets were nice.

So there you go XtR-X - its of a much more suitable length now :p

And I did make a post longer than my sig....once i think :D

Steg

Back